Neptune Aquatics

REAL Palau Green Nepthea and an unknown for ID

I'll trade and put it in DBTS when it grows out. I have a couple of extra cool D. calgari that are turquoise with a couple of white stripes I was about to put into DBTC. They get about 5" across. I can send a pic. If you're interested in leathers I can send you some pics of different options.

If you're feeling lucky I have a one eyed, psycho tri colour anthias. :)

-Gregory

no idea what that is atm, send me some pics please! As for the anthias, i'll pass. A one-eyed fish might freak me out late at night when i stare at my tank while sleeping.

Kensington Reefer said:
G
send me a pic of that turquoise thing.
if you can catch that one-eyed fish, I invite its spirit to live on in my rhinopias.

no prob on the pic....the anithas is not a food item quite yet :)

@smiley - send me a note to [snip]. We can take this offline.

-Gregory

GDawson said:
Bummer......but not a disappointment. It's a really nice addition to the DT.

Now the question is how do I get myself one of those white corals? Hmmmmmm.....

-Gregory
How's this one. White with neon green polyps.

t-l_LRG.jpg

Grew from a tiny hitchhiker spec to bigger than both my hands together. Pretty much stayed light base with green polyps. Until I left it too long in a neglected frag tank, and the whole thing browned out for me.

Grew another white/green one from a small frag.

Browned out colonies available if anybody wants to experiment.

@smiley & Kennsington Reefer - got home late last and had not time to take pics....will do tonight.

@Mr. Ugly - Would love to give it a shot....how much light and current did you provide? What browned it out? Too much nitrate? Too much light?

-Gregory

Mr. Ugly said:
GDawson said:
Bummer......but not a disappointment. It's a really nice addition to the DT.

Now the question is how do I get myself one of those white corals? Hmmmmmm.....

-Gregory
How's this one. White with neon green polyps.

t-l_LRG.jpg

Grew from a tiny hitchhiker spec to bigger than both my hands together. Pretty much stayed light base with green polyps. Until I left it too long in a neglected frag tank, and the whole thing browned out for me.

Grew another white/green one from a small frag.

Browned out colonies available if anybody wants to experiment.
Hey Norm, I'd like to get in line too (again!) Thx-Jim

GDawson said:
@Mr. Ugly - Would love to give it a shot....how much light and current did you provide? What browned it out? Too much nitrate? Too much light?
It's been kept at various levels under MH lighting. Doesn't seem picky about flow.

Probably browned out from too much nitrate, and that took a really long time.

But all of that will be for you for experimenting.

I'm interested in seeing what will unbrown it.

Back