Our mission

Recommend a self priming pump for water change

I came across this utility pump, stating 8-10' height self priming.

$110 vs $80 for those listed in earlier postings which I have not seen self priming height stated.

I plan to keep this pump next to my water mixing station, connecting to fresh SW container, DT and sink via one hose each. With different valve controls, this one pump can drive removing old SW to sink, adding new SW to DT, as well as pumping RODI warter into SW. Container. All these done without worry about priming.

http://www.flotecpump.com/ResidentialProduct_fl_ut_wr_FP0F360AC.aspx

Last edited:
It dawned on me - just do the same way in my fresh water tank days:

Pump new salt water from mixing station (no prime needed since pump at ground level) to fill the hose to the DT, which serves the purpose of priming. Then change valves to start pumping old water out of DT into sink.

When done, change valves again to fill DT with new salt water, via the same hose between pump and DT.

All I lose is new salt water inside 25-30' long hose.

Any external pump will do.

Hey Julius, how many gallons are we talking about? I setup a 30 foot system to pump from my mixing station outside directly into the tank, and setup a pylon to drain 15 ft into my sink. But in the end, for a 10g change, it was easier just to use buckets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I feel you. I got tired of rolling out the tubes, rolling back the tubes and cleaning up the inevitable dripping along the way. 30 feet of tubing to the DT and 15 feet to the drain is a lot of tube!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back