got ethical husbandry?

Recommendation of auto feeder

Thinking to buy an auto feeder to feed RN Formula 1&2 pallet only, in the day time while I am at work.

Need to be work on rimless tank as well.

Any recommendations? Any product you like & hate.

Thanks!

If you're willing to wait I can give an eheim one to you (it is not clamp on style as it does require some kind of flat surface). The feeder side is a bit jacked up because my dog got to it. It dispenses food but not the minimum portion

I have an Eheim, works well but I have to put tape on the hole to make it smaller. I have tiny pellets that come out in floods, so the tape helps a bit. I wish there was a feeder that was a bit more controlled.

kinetic said:
I have an Eheim, works well but I have to put tape on the hole to make it smaller. I have tiny pellets that come out in floods, so the tape helps a bit. I wish there was a feeder that was a bit more controlled.

Thank you Art, I may need to do the same :-(

RN formula pellets are small.

ryanjiang said:
kinetic said:

I think you mean ON as in Ocean Nutrition. RN is Reef Nutrition to most ;)

make sure you mount it properly, like with two sided tape or something :D

GreshamH said:
ryanjiang said:
kinetic said:

I think you mean ON as in Ocean Nutrition. RN is Reef Nutrition to most ;)

make sure you mount it properly, like with two sided tape or something :D

I had an acrylic maker craft a "platform" for me for the feeder. It sits on my elos that doesn't have bracing, and looks really slick. I zip tied the feeder really snug, no way it'll fall in. I'd suggest zip ties as well if you can manage it.

I can take photos if you'd like as well =)

Kinetic, does your auto feeder have a ring underneath it, to prevent the pellets from falling into the overflow? Would you recommend the feeder ring that you are using?

Back