Record the presentation Saturday?

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by badbread, Apr 10, 2009.

1. badbread

badbread Guest

Does the club have any interest in recording the presentation on Saturday? I can bring an HD camcorder, tripod, microphone, etc.. to film it and post it up for those who miss the presentation? Let me know.

2. Elite

Elite Guest

That would be cool Jay..

3. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

I think that would be way cool, especially since I'm not going to be able to make it. However might want to run it by the BoD and see if Chuck is ok with it as well.

4. tuberider

tuberider Guest

It's up to Charles, it's his content. Bring your stuff and ask him prior to the meeting, I'd imagine he'd be cool with it.

5. adolfo425

adolfo425 Guest

That would be awesome to record the presentations and have them on the site for the members that missed out on the meeting.

6. bookfish

bookfish Guest

If possible, could you also vid the scolymia fragging demo? It would be great to have it up on the mag site in conjunction w/ the article. It'd be much appreciated. Thx-Jim

7. badbread

badbread Guest

I'll bring the camcorder, tripod and mic.

While thinking about it a little more throughly, unless the speaker is at a podium in front of this clunky Shure mic the whole time the audio is going to sound really bad. Maybe we could mic the PA system he is speaking out off? I have no idea, this is above my head but it will be a fun, interesting and learning experience.

bookfish, will do, do you know who is doing it and at what time?

8. bookfish

bookfish Guest

Fishkillerz and IBN. I'm not sure when/ where but it certainly deserves documentation. TIA!!!-Jim

9. bookfish

bookfish Guest

But I assume it's after the presentation.

10. LordHelmet

LordHelmet Supporting Member

I think this should be brought up in the BOD meeting, we could have every meeting online.

great idea Jay. hope Chuck is all for it.

11. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Jay, IIRC there is a line out on the PA, I'm not sure which type of connection though, I would assume either a 1/4" or RCA that's what most PAs use.

12. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Unfortunately, the PA won't be here at this meeting. Charles snagged the projector from Bryan since Bryan can't make it, but PA is still with Bryan (AFAIK)

13. tuberider

tuberider Guest

I hope Charles has a loud voice :~

14. bookfish

bookfish Guest

Yikes! Wish I still had a PA, I'd offer it up. I prob have a mic though if that helps.

15. badbread

badbread Guest

I have an ok mic, if anyone see's this in time and has one of those sweet clip on wireless ones that would be awesome. I'll bring guitar cables, a couple 1/8" to 1/16" converters and stuff. Hopefully we can make it work.

16. adolfo425

adolfo425 Guest

So were you guys able to get a recording of the meeting Would like to see some of the presentations on the BAR site.

17. cwolfus

cwolfus Past President

Jay did record the meeting, (Yay! Thanks Jay) but we're a little concerned that we may not have space for the vid. Once we know how big it is we'll figure out how to make it available.

18. adolfo425

adolfo425 Guest

Thanks Charles that would be great.

19. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

youtube perhaps?

20. badbread

badbread Guest

Ok so the recording went pretty well. The camera's auto focus is a bit messed up sometimes when the slide changes but it fixes itself quickly. The audio is perfect, it sounds really really good.

The presentations in full format take up about 9GB uncompressed, compressed down to an HD format for youtube or Vimeo they are about 1GB each. I know we don't have the bandwidth and space here on the BAR servers but we could use youtube for this. In regular quality (not HD) the slides are a little hard to make out, in HD they are crystal clear.

The question is, is it ok for it to be available to the world? I uploaded a test video to youtube and it looks really good.

Youtube does have a private video sharing type thing but;

1. In order to use it you must be a registered youtube user
    2. Only 25 people can have access to it
    3. I'm not sure if you can remove and then add people to that list of 25 after you have given permission.