Record the presentation Saturday?

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by badbread, Apr 10, 2009.

1. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Guest

good job on the recording Jay.. like to see that presentation again, i missed the some of the first half.

2. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

Mr Delbeek gave us permission to put it on our website. We might want to get permission for Youtube.

3. pixelpixi

pixelpixi Guest

Lets go ahead and put it on our server for now. We may need to take it down or move it to youtube later, but right now on the new server we have plenty of space.

Jay, how do you want to get the files to me?

4. badbread

badbread Guest

So far I have 3 300 MB files for the first presentation, the last file is rendering now. Can you give me the FTP details and a place to drop them? I promise I won't break anything... If not, I dont know, maybe something like putfile?

5. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Or yousendit.

http://www.yousendit.com/

6. LordHelmet

LordHelmet Supporting Member

Can we set up a BAR dedicated server full of this kinda thing? I've been part of of a gaming group that has had a server full of every kind of program, game, movie and music availible, that only a group of about 30 people have access to.

7. Jombo

Jombo Guest

What about posting it on a site like Megaupload? Then we can download the huge file in all it's glory, albiet it would take a really long time and a lot of space on a harddrive.

8. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

with as big as the file is, it almost sounds like a DVD-R distribution.

9. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

I'd be interested in those files once they're uploaded.

10. Lyn

Lyn Guest

Me too!!!!!!

11. pixelpixi

pixelpixi Guest

At this point I believe Jeremy is finding out if we can post the videos to YouTube or not. If we can, we'll do that and post links to it here. If not, we'll make the videos available on our site.

YouTube is preferable since it streams (rather having to download it all before playing it) and doesn't require us to spend extra money on storage and bandwidth. However, it doesn't allow us to restrict access to BAR members, which is the concern.

12. Elite

Elite Guest

Would it fit on a DVD?? It would be great if we burn it on DVD. Anyone want a copy can pay $1-$5 for the cost of the DVD.. 8) .. I volunteered to make copy :) ..

13. badbread

badbread Guest

I can format it for DVD, better yet, I have a 8 DVD duplicator at work I could use.

14. Elite

Elite Guest

I hope the BOD will approve.. much better watching on DVD than online...

15. adolfo425

adolfo425 Guest

Plus one i would buy a dvd of the presentation.

16. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Maybe offer it up as a torrent file too for those of us with high speed connections, distributing it shouldn't be an issue.

17. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

+1. I'd be interested in pulling it, whether it be a megaupload or whatever.

18. badbread

badbread Guest

I can make a torrent tonight when I get home, I'll let you know where to find it then

19. Jombo

Jombo Guest

Make sure it's in HD!! :love:

20. Roc

Roc Guest

This should be very interesting to see on video, the presitation was great live.