Record the presentation Saturday?

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by badbread, Apr 10, 2009.

1. badbread

badbread Guest

Damnit, I forgot the DVD with the rendered presentation at work, and the 2nd one is rendering now. Should be done tomorrow morning sometime, I'll try and get a torrent going before I go to work.

2. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

No worries Jay, rule is no one is allowed to complain if someone else is doing all the hard work ;)

3. pixelpixi

pixelpixi Guest

I'm not sure there's any point distributing it through bittorrent. We can put it on the server, at least for the time being, we're just waiting to see if we can do youtube instead.

I've given Jay access to upload files to a directory that's visible on our website. Sounds like he'll either put it there and post a link to it or put it on youtube if we get permission for that (or both).

4. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Looking forward to seeing it up somewhere where I can pull it.

5. badbread

badbread Guest

Here you go!

http://www.bareefers.org/video/
    (This is Charles' second presentation, the first one is rendering down, and then needs to render again)

Please let me know how it works, if it works, etc... Need to know if this works on machines other than windows. At first we were doing .wmv but as Erin reminded me, that would not play well with Mac's or Linux machines.

How is the quality? Does the audio sound ok? Excuse my sh*tty camera work, focus gets a bit messed up sometimes and the camera is a little shaky at times.

6. cwolfus

cwolfus Past President

It works great, Jay. Audio is very clear and video quality is good.

Keep 'em coming!

7. Lyn

Lyn Guest

Thanks Jay! I'm listening to it now! :D Brings back memories of when I volunteered there. I've seen those tanks and fed the live stock he mentioned, except the sharks :)

Hmmm.....I don't know why, but around the 10 minute mark, the presentation cuts off and the bar below says it should run for 37 min. Is anyone else having this problem?

8. badbread

badbread Guest

1st presentation has been uploaded to http://www.bareefers.org/video

Sherri, I'm not sure why it is doing that, maybe try refreshing the page and trying again?

I used a different .flv converter on the 1st presentation and it comes really close to preserving the HD quality.

9. Lyn

Lyn Guest

Ok, thanks Jay, it could be my computer is old and lazy... :D

10. adolfo425

adolfo425 Guest

Very Sweet. Thanks for all the hard work Jay. Very clean and Audio is also clear. Watching as I post.