High Tide Aquatics

Red and Orange Paly

limu

I may be making a trip this week to Bay Area, and I have 4 different zoas/Proto Palythoras that I would like to share. I can bring these frags with me and meet you or drop off. These polyps are grown under natural sun light and intense MH suppliment with high water flow. You will need to have a system that is same for the sps.
All DBTC rules applied, and I would like to know about your sytem before deciding. I also like to see people that are comitted to the hobby and are not planning to break down their tanks down and sell off every thing. I am sorry if I am being too demanding, but these are my pride and joy(besides my anemones):)
I have never frag these colonies until now, so I hope that right persons can grow and share with other members.

-Two/2 polyp frags of Red/Orange Zoas:
anemones1384.jpg

Hello, thanks for offering these up! Id be interested in one frag of the limu red palys if I qualify and it is convenient to meet.

My tank build thread is here.
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1245638

limu, I am tracking all the DBTC transactions and it becomes very difficult to track when there multiple corals in 1 thread. If you (or a moderator) don't mind breaking each into their own thread that would be great. Oh and those kona deep red zoas are sweet! I'll see how much response you get before I raise my hand :)

Done. Each has its own thread.

I wouldn't mind proping these BTW. My tank details etc are in my tank journal. Are they the same ones below and to the left of the PM in this pic?

anemones1133.jpg

I can hold and distribute all of them for you if you like. The next BOD meeting is at my house and I will be going to the coral farmers market pretty much the whole day.

Yes, two different colonies of same Paly. Thanks for spliting the thread.

I'll give a few days before making decision, and hope that's OK. Thanks again.

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=3602.msg41356#msg41356 date=1208881111]
Done. Each has its own thread.

I wouldn't mind proping these BTW. My tank details etc are in my tank journal. Are they the same ones below and to the left of the PM in this pic?

anemones1133.jpg

I can hold and distribute all of them for you if you like. The next BOD meeting is at my house and I will be going to the coral farmers market pretty much the whole day.

[/quote]

I'll toss my name into the hat. Need some colors and corals to fill in the empty spaces since the melt. You can read more about the tank in this thread:

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=3502.0

If you're in the SJ area on Thursday, let me know. Even if I can't get these, I can pick it up for Bryan and the others since I'll be at both the coral farmers market and the next BOD meeting.

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=3602.msg41387#msg41387 date=1208900320]
I'll toss my name into the hat. Need some colors and corals to fill in the empty spaces since the melt. You can read more about the tank in this thread:

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=3502.0

If you're in the SJ area on Thursday, let me know. Even if I can't get these, I can pick it up for Bryan and the others since I'll be at both the coral farmers market and the next BOD meeting.
[/quote]

Ok, thanks. Will see what I can arrange.

Hi all, I made the frags today. The polyps are a little stressed and rather small. I am wondering if I should wait for this group to get more established before I bring them. The good news is I was able to get 3-4 polyps for each frag. So may be two people could share a frag when it grow out or may be they can get the "first dip". If you put them in high flow and light, they look like Orange Envy but the miniture version.

By the way, I really wanted to get this right because my focuse is more on anemones now and I have more corals that I would like to share. If any one can give me some good sugestion how I can better do this.

I say let it heal for a week. You can pick anyone you think best Shutin. I'm sure nobody here mind who gets it. We can all wait for 2nd, 3rd .... gens :) ..

I think OE has green mouth. Does this have green mouth Shutin?

Put me in line please :D .. Love the color.

Yep. It is totally your call. First come first served is by no means necessary. Ideally you want to pick people that will continue on the chain but it is always nice to spread the wealth among new people as well.

Thanks, good idea., and I'll wait.
No, it has a darker orange /rustic in shadd area, but in high lights and flow, almost whole polyp becomes orange. I have a large polyp frags and they grow fast with nice colors.
[quote author=Elite link=topic=3602.msg41547#msg41547 date=1208998337]
I say let it heal for a week. You can pick anyone you think best Shutin. I'm sure nobody here mind who gets it. We can all wait for 2nd, 3rd .... gens :) ..

I think OE has green mouth. Does this have green mouth Shutin?

Put me in line please :D .. Love the color.

[/quote][quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=3602.msg41552#msg41552 date=1209004406]
Yep. It is totally your call. First come first served is by no means necessary. Ideally you want to pick people that will continue on the chain but it is always nice to spread the wealth among new people as well.
[/quote]

I am trying to find out who are some people that contributes to members and help the new guys and still enjoy the hobby. Any way, I am happy to have packs for new guys, but may be not these, yet.
So, I'll not bring these up tomorrow, and wait for a week. The other three types of zoas/palys are in better shape so I can bring them.

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=3602.msg41552#msg41552 date=1209004406]
[/quote]

The frags looked better this morning, so I'll give it a try. Each frag has 3-4 very small polyps left. I think one or two may have fallen off over night.
Any way, Seminolecpa and Elite each get one of the F0 frag, and do well, please give a frag to Paradox and Ibn.

It turns out that I will be in Alameda for lunch, so I asked Norm to keep them for you. I sure hope Norm would not mind me doing this. You should make arrangement with Norm so that you could pick up your frag.
Thanks and hope they do well, but if not, let me know.

Thanks Shutin!! Sorry I forgot to say put me in line for 2nd or 3rd. My tank is not ready for frag yet. Maybe another month or two.

Ibn is the next in line I think. Can't remember who else is in line at the moment. But, if he'll take your deep red and you take this Red and Orange and that might work. If not, I'll have to make another frag later for next time that I am up your way.

Back