got ethical husbandry?

Red Planet Tabling Acro

I traded Robert a hunk of Sunset monti and picked up this frag at his shop specifically for DBTC. So if you are a member, have contributed to at least 3 DBTC's, have good success with SPS and can pick a number between 1-100, you can get this frag. My wife will chose the number on Monday evening. Please return at least 2 frags to the DBTC before offering it up for trade or sale.

I have had this coral for several months, and I bleached it out under a 10x39W Powermodule. Moving it to the sandbed, under the shade of a leng sy and birdsnest, it has started to get it's green back. This frag is on an ORA plug, and can have a small frag broken off, so you could take care of the 1st of two returns right away. I suggest letting it grow, since I've noticed it takes a little time for it to recover from accidental fragging in my tank. Here's the piece
IMG_4332.jpg

sorry for the scratched acrylic, I am going to be getting an AGE in the next week, so no more scratched acrylic shots.

I just noticed it reads like I've had this particular coral for months, no this is a frag I just received from Robert, however I do have a Red Table that I have fragged 3 times already, this isn't from that coral.

This coral has wicked polyp extension when placed in high flow, it is just PO'd since I moved it from the sand to the rack for the picture

I lost three acros recently, but I've since gotten the problems that caused it under control and my remaining acros and other SPS are doing well. I'll pick number 50!

Craig is definitely one of the role best DBTC role model. I am very impressed that he actually went out of his way to chop down his prized sunset, drove all the way to the shop, and picked up a a piece of coral for the program. Selfless act like this really makes it so hard for people to leave the hobby now a day. We could sure use a lot of Craig and the many other selfless and kind reefers in the hobby. Same goes for Ian with his Watermelon chalice.

As I continue to be more involved with this hobby, I've come to realize that this is what's makes this hobby so great, not just becuase of the love of the ocean creatures, but the dedicated people that cares so much about others.

Done with my cheezy prop...hehe.

Ooohh! Thanks for reminding me Bryan! I completely forgot. Please ignore my previous post! I will erase the number I picked.

robert4025 said:
Craig is definitely one of the role best DBTC role model. I am very impressed that he actually went out of his way to chop down his prized sunset, drove all the way to the shop, and picked up a a piece of coral for the program. Selfless act like this really makes it so hard for people to leave the hobby now a day. We could sure use a lot of Craig and the many other selfless and kind reefers in the hobby. Same goes for Ian with his Watermelon chalice.

As I continue to be more involved with this hobby, I've come to realize that this is what's makes this hobby so great, not just becuase of the love of the ocean creatures, but the dedicated people that cares so much about others.

Done with my cheezy prop...hehe.

I agree, Robert. Craig, kudos to you.

Beautiful addition! :) I am in awe at the circumstances of this DBTC. One of these days I'd like a next generation...

I have had wonderful people stuff my nano full of SPSs, that I literally have no room, not even on the sand! There truly are generous people in this club. It makes reefing all the more pleasurable because of the fantastic people in BAR. :)

Back