High Tide Aquatics

Red Sea reefer 250

Edgar Sandoval

Supporting Member
I am thinking of buying this tank. What do you guys think of this Red Sea Reefer 250? Pros and cons
55806706e21729373a3805d421aa242e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the display tank! It's gorgeous and clear. Stand looks clean and has a nice paint job on it; doesn't look like it'll chip or wear down. The sump area not so much my favorite. I wish they used a slightly larger sump, but this could have been my fault and picking too large of a skimmer. Watch out for the size of equipment you choose, space is a premium in this guy.

The ATO they provide is a joke and actually seems a little dangerous. Being rimless the 2.1 gallons will maybe get you 2 days of top off. And driven by a single float valve and gravity only seems like a recipe for disaster. I have a 5 gallon ATO and converted the stock one to a fuge. Redsea probably should have bulit a lid for the stock ATO as well, so you don't evaporate off that too.

The ATO is really a minor thing in my mind though since you can easily change it out, other than that, I'm really happy with the tank.

Last edited:
Awesome purchase! Those Red Sea tanks do look quite swanky, nice all in one design so you don't have to think too hard about anything. Should make for a nice setup.

Back