Red sea reefer 350

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by Yuk SUm, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Yuk SUm

Yuk SUm Supporting Member

1565912616812372402674442962801.jpg 15659126430136150606383531800067.jpg 15659126582742983055398062023283.jpg Hello

My name is Yuk Sum
    A little back story on me. I have always enjoy fish keeping ever since I was a little kid. I started with a 10 gallon fancy goldfish tank knowing little about the size that a goldfish needed.

As I grow up, I feel in love with planted tank as I enjoy the natural beauty of nature underwater. I fish keep with many planted tank. After graduating from college, I begin more serious in fish keeping and went with a high tech planted tank.

I was always afraid on doing saltwater tank but let alone a reef tank as I heard it was much harder to keep. Eventually after having success with my planted tank, I feel like I have enough experiences to attempt my hand on saltwater tank

Start out with a Evo 13.5 gallon fish tank but quickly realize that there are too much coral I wanted and not enough space I decided to upgrade.

So here we are. My Tank journal

Red sea reef 350

Equipment
    White red sea reefer 350
    Kessil Ap 700
    Ai nero 5 X2
    Jebao DCP 10000 return pump
    Nyos Skimmer 160
    2 media reactor hard pump to return pump
    red sea ATO converted to refugium with Innovative Marine ChaetoMax

2. Newjack

Newjack Supporting Member

nice start, great equipment choices with your first saltwater try. Cant wait to see it mature.

3. Rostato

Rostato Supporting Member

Nice work. Following

4. Coral reefer

Coral reefer Past President

If you can keep a nice planted tank you can keep a nice reef. Where do you live?

Rostato likes this.
  5. Yuk SUm

I live in Fremont.

tankguy and Rostato like this.
  6. Coral reefer

Coral reefer Past President

I’m in sf. Let me know if you are ever up this way. Probably have some corals you could have.

7. glee

glee BOD

How do you like the Nero 5s?

8. Rostato

Rostato Supporting Member

I’m in Fremont as well!

9. Yuk SUm

I do enjoy it. I do however wish the magnet was a little stronger. But far so it have not fell off.

I brought a aqualife t5 hybrid that is going to pair up with my ap 700. Let see where my par is at with this set up.

10. tankguy

tankguy Supporting Member

Not to far from you. I’m in Hayward

11. Yuk SUm

Added a aqualife t5 hybrid. Got my par up to 250-350 range is the upper part of the tank and mis 150 for the lower bottom the tank. Pretty happy with the t5 hybrid that pair up ap 700.

Attached Files: