Red Sea reefer

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by scuzy, Feb 21, 2017.

1. scuzy

scuzy Supporting Member

So looks like there is a post on craigslist of someone liquidating an aquarium store and have some new red Sea reefer floor models on sale 40% off. Thought that's a good deal to share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

revnull, Baykes and tankguy like this.
  2. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

Grrrr. Missed the 250.

3. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

Why still after a black 250?

4. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

Inside softie/nem tank

Newjack likes this.
  5. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Red Sea 525 XL w/ lights & stand included... not too bad at 40% off it comes to just over 2k.

6. F6553066

F6553066 Guest

I have one and that is a very good price. That can't be beat for a very high quality aquarium.

Dick Flanagan

7. monkeybiz

monkeybiz Guest

Might pick up a nano if it's 40% off sticker to setup at home. thanks for sharing the link

8. monkeybiz

monkeybiz Guest

i went up and picked up the red sea reefer nano. nice guy and he's sitting on a lot of equipment (some not listed). if you're buying a used item, might be worth finding a way to plug the equipment in and testing it. i got home to find out the power brick on the AI Prime HD light got wet and is no good.

he's promised to replace it, so it should all work out.

9. BPro32

BPro32 Guest

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  10. monkeybiz

monkeybiz Guest

IMG_8669.JPG So, I filled it with water to see if skimmer and retune pump worked properly.... come to find a big chip in the corner of the glass which wasn't easy to spot when it was empty. I texted the seller and am waiting for a reply.

IMG_8668.JPG

11. monkeybiz

monkeybiz Guest

Update, I'll be swapping it out for one of the new units he has, but he did offer a credit that would have brought the total price down to 325 for tank and stand, if I decided to keep it.

Just a heads up if anyone wants to pick up one of these sweet tanks and doesn't mind a little chip in the corner.

12. Klems

Klems Supporting Member

That's what I call a DEEP sanded....o_O

13. yellojello

yellojello Supporting Member

So tempting!

14. monkeybiz

monkeybiz Guest

i exchanged the chipped tank for a new unit. Still looks like he's sitting on a good assortment of equipment. Probably worth shooting him an offer on anything you're interested in, since he's paying rent for the storage unit and probably wants to unload everything sooner than later.

IMG_8677.JPG

Please excuse the 80's golden seagul decorations. Came home to find that my mother in law decided to hang those up there.

15. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

That top seagull is going right for the balloon.

monkeybiz likes this.
  16. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

Does he have any light (Hydra 26hd)?

17. monkeybiz

monkeybiz Guest

I think he had some floor model Red Sea tanks that had Hydra lights on them, but not sure if he wants to separate them from the tank. Worth asking I guess.

18. revnull

revnull Supporting Member

@roostertech, I bought a Red Sea MAX E-170 from Jason. I'm still debating on the lighting, If I decide to sell the Hydra 26 HD, I'll let you know.

Also worth mentioning, he still has inventory. He gave me an updated list with prices. PM me if interested. (I'm not affiliated in any way. Like @scuzy, just passing on great deals to the club)