Neptune Aquatics

Red "stop sign" chalice

Let me ask you this then, are you trying to keep alk at 10? And if so, why?
Yes... I am trying to get a faster growth on sps.
On some it's working so far. Some acros are still the same thou... this chalice isn't linking so much, but the other one I have is loving it.
That's why I was a bit confuse.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yes... I am trying to get a faster growth on sps.
On some it's working so far. Some acros are still the same thou... this chalice isn't linking so much, but the other one I have is loving it.
That's why I was a bit confuse.

In that case I would say you definitely want to keep ca balanced with the alk and your nutrients a tad higher usually as well. Any idea where phosphate and nitrate are at? How’s your ph? Keeping alk high won’t do much if ph isn’t nice and high too.

Mine is in the back corner of my tank, 20” deep, low flow and probably ~80 PAR. It was supposed to be a temporary location but it started growing there... alk around ~8. Feeding Reefroids.
a9627c930a052309940d47d09bcf5044.jpg

In that case I would say you definitely want to keep ca balanced with the alk and your nutrients a tad higher usually as well. Any idea where phosphate and nitrate are at? How’s your ph? Keeping alk high won’t do much if ph isn’t nice and high too.
I just moved it to a lower flow and light place.
Ph: 8
Alk: 9
Phosphates: 0.04ppm (around it)
nitrate and nitrites at 0

You don’t want 0 nitrate. How are you testing phosphate? That is the bare minimum you want.
Alk already went from 10-9. Was that on purpose? Lower alk like high sevens should be best with nitrate and phosphate so low. I’d keep it at 9 and let nutrients come up a bit if it were me tho.

You don’t want 0 nitrate. How are you testing phosphate? That is the bare minimum you want.
Alk already went from 10-9. Was that on purpose? Lower alk like high sevens should be best with nitrate and phosphate so low. I’d keep it at 9 and let nutrients come up a bit if it were me tho.
Got it.. will definitely test it.. I did a water change yesterday, so since it's a 40g now, it might had influenced a bit on the results.

But I will keep an eye on nutrients and let it go a bit higher.

Thanks for the advice [emoji106][emoji106]

Yeah.. mine is gone.

Working on stabilizing my tank, and will start adding some sps and lps once again.

Back