got ethical husbandry?

Redbug ID

Just checking that what I marked with white dashes are the redbugs on my acros. Can someone confirm? What I find odd is the bali tricolor I have has not done well, but the 2 acros pictured below I'd say have done reasonably well. Maybe just different tolerances. Does anyone know of a good source for Interceptor, or should I just head to a vet?

Head to a vet to get it really legitimately I guess. Sorry to hear about the redbugs! Hope you get through it soon.

They're not that big a problem since I only have a few acros, my tank has been leaning more & more towards LPS. I still will treat though to rid myself of them. 1st flatworms, now redbugs & aptasia, one thing about this hobby is there's always a battle to be fought! J)

Redbugs are one of the easier ones to deal with.

You probably already know, but here are some general tips for those that aren't familiar.

Large shrimp and crabs can make it through your redbug treatment, so it's not a big deal if you can't get them out of your tank.

If you have a lot of pod die-off, sometimes your skimmer can work overtime, or you can have a nitrate spike.

Other tips?

while large shrimps and cfabs "can make it through it" it's very hard on them and many do die. Interceptor does target them so it's like surviving a total environmental poisoning. My clenaer shrimp was straight up mentally challenged after the first treatment.

No it constantly twitched like it had been nearly poisoned to death... go figure. I mean I only put a chemical agent it that was INTENDED TO KILL IT and all like it :p

What kills an ant may not necessarily kill a human Jeremy. Meaning it takes a small amount to kill a small thing and that small amount may not kill a big thing ;) My cleaner shrimp was 100X the size of a Red bug :)

I'll remove whatever crabs I can, but I never see the peppermint shrimp, only once in a while. I put 4 in there and rarely see 1, yet aptasia still lives.

Back