Neptune Aquatics

RedSea Nitrate Test

Hey guys, I have a question about the red sea nitrate test. The reagent that is used for C is not a powder its more of a sticky powder paste thing(?). How do you guys measure how much goes into the spoon?

I am trying to figure out if I should either-
A. Pack the spoon full, and scrape off the top excess
B. Scoop out of the reagent container and not pack it full, and scrape off the excess

Trying to make sure I get the correct amount of reagent in for the test. So I have the most accurate test as possible.

With all other tests, its more of a powder so I just scoop and use a straight razor to scrape off all the excess back into the container.

Umm...did you get it wet? Mine is a powder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No its been like this from store. All my other reagents are powder. But that one is really sticky, and the entire container is solid. I have to scrape off top layer using the spoon and its sort of like a snowball (aka sticks together in what ever shape)

I have both red sea’s marine care and nitrate pro test kits. Both have reagent c that are in powder form.

Last edited:
Odd! Guess time to get new reagent.

FYI, my first kit arrived damaged and leaked. I contacted the seller and was able to get a refund. Not sure what the policy is for the store you purchased from, but doesn't hurt to let them know your item is defective.

FYI, my first kit arrived damaged and leaked. I contacted the seller and was able to get a refund. Not sure what the policy is for the store you purchased from, but doesn't hurt to let them know your item is defective.

Part that sucks. I’ve been using it for four months. Maybe it’s been giving me false readings. I’ll get a new one ASAP and compare.

Back