Our mission

Reef-A-Palooza 2015 Who's Going and Who Wants to Come?

It was fun and tiring, but not as crowded as the last time I was there. We didn't see any BAR folks on the 2nd day. And no we didn't win any raffles....but the folks at the NVR recognized me and ask too.

Last edited:
Ok photos.. I didn't have my DSLR or gel filters so excuse all the blinding-blue photos :)

BSA Corals - had some good rainbow chalices & acans
IMG_3751.JPG

The ReefKeeper Archon - love the dosing modules
IMG_3723.JPG

Sexy Corals - really sexy corals but obviously the most expensive frags on the entire floor!
IMG_3748.JPG

Huge tank at the entrance - Overstocked! Fish eating coral! but some very different fish in there...
IMG_3683.JPG

Your Reef
IMG_3691.JPG

More coral
IMG_3693.JPG

More coral
IMG_3696.JPG

Hottest bounces!
IMG_3698.JPG

Creative jellyfish tanks
IMG_3699.JPG

NVR folks
IMG_3700.JPG

I think this guy was like "I need more Kessils on this?" ;) Count the # of lights in the pic!
IMG_3707.JPG

Some good stuff at WWC
IMG_3709.JPG

AI showing off the Hydra HDs and I got free filter socks :)
IMG_3714.JPG

Two Guys Corals
IMG_3721.JPG

More Archon
IMG_3725.JPG

Jay getting some controller lessons from Michael
IMG_3726.JPG

The RAP Selfie!
IMG_3738.JPG

Awesome talk on collecting coral from the wild. Michael, what Island was that?
IMG_3740.JPG
IMG_3741.JPG

Kessil's AP700
IMG_3752.JPG

NVR probably went like "Awww there's Arnold, we might as well go home and not wait for the raffle"
actually the two at the booth said how is the apex.....I have no idea what their names are...but it caught me off guard. I did spend $80 on raffles and won nothing at rap, but its all in fun to support them.

Hehehe, yup, MACNA is finally close enough that it can be reasonably done without much financial hardship (helps that I have family who lives in San Diego)... super duper want to go... really hope I'll be able to though as my life will be turned on end by then.

@Nav , thanks for taking and posting pictures - almost feel like I was there! Did any of you buy any corals? I always wonder what percentage actually make it in our home tanks!

Reactions: Nav
Yep, I bought 3 and so did mike. All of them survived and seemed to be doing great in our tanks. We came home with 3 zoas, a monti, a pectina and a mushroom. Will try to post pictures soon but been really busy celebrating Mike's bday (took him to the Oddball Comedy festival last night :cool:) and tonight we're off to his mom's for another party xD

Reactions: Nav
@Nav , thanks for taking and posting pictures - almost feel like I was there! Did any of you buy any corals? I always wonder what percentage actually make it in our home tanks!

I bought a good amount of stuff last year, handful of things at rap on the second day and a giant box of stuff from a contact down there that a buddy and I split. Rap stuff was packed into a cooler other stuff was packed in a transship box with some newspaper to fill holes. Everything made the drive and acclimation just fine only thing I could possibly call a loss from transport was a Yuma but their incredibly sensitive coming from the wild and it was a rare color as well which from what I've read seem to have more issues with their native bacteria.

Anyways as long as you're able to keep up with your tank/tanks following the trip shouldn't be an issue taking things on the 6-8hr drive home. In fact most of the stuff I had picked up aside from the Yuma that only lasted 3 days made it most of the weeks following think I lost about 20% from the neglect that came with recovery and most of the rest I lost in the tank crash a few months later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing I noticed at an event a couple years ago, is vendors (from fairly far) were simply taking their frag racks and placing them into coolers, with water in the coolers. I think the natural sloshing due to driving is enough to keep water moving enough so it doesn't get too stagnant and corals can breath.

Back