Reef nutrition

Reef Angel

Got this from Roberto together with the 10g. Wanted to take the opportunity to check it out and see if I would like it.

Its a good controller but I already have an Apex setup controlling 2 tanks.

So I'd like to pass this on. I did have to purchase a TTL/USB cable so I would be asking to be reimbursed for it. Cost was about $30.

Includes the controller (don't know if this is a plus unit and don't know if this is PWM or Analog dimming), relay box, float switch and PH probe.

I'm so close to buying a controller and would love to give this a try.

I'll be happy to pass it on if my needs are more than what this controller can do.

I picked this up from @Vhuang168 today, tried it out and I decided to go the Apex/RK route since the RA requires some programming knowledge.

So, the Reef Angel is back AVAILABLE for any supporting BAR member.

Here's what it comes with:
  • Head unit/display
  • 8 socket break-out box
  • 2 temp probes
  • 1 pH probe (still with Vincent, wet and functional)
  • 1 data cable (connecting head unit and break-out box)
  • 1 programming cable (connecting head unit & PC)
  • 1 power cable (to power the break-out box)
  • 1 float switch with mount
reefangel.jpg

I would like to take a look at it if possible.
I've been playing around with the arduino myself and this would probably saves me a lot of time. Especially with the power bar.

I would like to take a look at it if possible.
I've been playing around with the arduino myself and this would probably saves me a lot of time. Especially with the power bar.
Good plan.
That is exactly what I did.
Started with RA, got it largely working, then built my own.
Downside: You have to learn how the RA software stack works. Not hard, but not trivial.
There are good forums for RA. Quite a few people tweak the SW for their own uses.

I have an RA and love it. I don't have a lot of programming knowledge, but it really is pretty easy even if you want to write your own functions. I'd be glad to help anyone who's having trouble. Of course it sounds like Seaslugteam won't have any problems I can help with...

Back