Kessil

Reef Brite LED for Actinic Supplementation

Almost done finishing my tank. It's a 48 x 24 x 24 120g. Bought 2 x 250 MH 10k Reeflux bulb with Lumenbright reflectors. Also bought 2 bulb T5 retrokit with Icecap 660 for actinics.

Just saw reef brite 48" 24x3w bulb actinic LED, which is about the same price as the 2 bulb retro Icecap. The reef brites look really impressive with LED reflectors, and supposedly double the par as T5 bulb. Reef Brite Groupbuy Link

Should I just keep the Icecap T5 retro, and upgrade to 4 bulb later, or get rid of T5 retro and just go for LED reef brite? and then maybe do 2 reef brite's later.

2 x T5 bulb with Icecap 660 > future 4 x T5 bulb with Icecap 660

OR

1 x 48" actinic reef brite > future 2 x 48" actinic reef brite (will also take up less space than 4 bulb T5)

OR keep both T5 and get Reef Brites =)

I haven't seen the reefbrite in tanks, but saw Gresham fired a 48" er up at the swap and damn, was it bright. I think it'd be equivalent to 2 T5s, or close to. It's hard to get opinions of people that have used them since they're so new. 2T5 + reefbrite would give you a lot of combos since you can try differnet T5 bulbs, you may not have enough canopy space though.

I fired up 2x 48" strips just to be clear.

I bet we could get a local dealer hooked up with a GB pricing similar to what is being listed there, and it would be local :)

Back