High Tide Aquatics

Reef Brite LED's

Does anybody know if any of our Sponsors carry Rife Brite's? I was looking into getting one after seeing them on Rich's tank, and after the meeting today, I know that a few others are interested in getting some as well.

Yeah I looked around last night PA is the only one who has them it seems. I was trying to remember which was the one without the lenses and which has reflectors.. I'm guessing this is the reflector one.

http://premiumaquatics.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PA&Category_Code=reefbrite

If you wait till after BAYMAC there will be a local store with them ;)

I think Gresham was just mentioning that they would be there and after BAYMAC some local stores will be carrying them.
Gresham will they being bringing strips to sell at BAYMAC?

I'm also interested in a 48" fixture. I have a 24" and it does add significant 'pop' to the corals. I heard Neptune is working on getting a shipment of them, maybe they'll have them for BAYMAC (if they're not all sold).

Jimmy and I picked up ours from Johnny's Reef...they are a sponsor on Reef2Reef. We did as a part of a group buy. I bought a 48 ($213) for my 72" and it covers well. However, I found my magnificent nem does not like the LED alone (it shrivels up).

Robert (Neptune) was supposed to get some after our last post which was a few weeks ago...(enter Roberts reply here)

I just spoke to Robert at Neptune and he ordered some. He ddnt get much but will order more with interest. He said that they might bee in next week.

i'm not sure how their production is now (i think they are from New Jersey), but the last group buy I bought from was delayed about 2-3 weeks. these things are HOT!

i missed the BAR meeting... what was the consensus on growth from blue LED's compared to T5 blues? Did the blue LEDs cover all good blue spectrums to replace T5's, or did the T5 blue bulbs have some extra beneficial spectrum in it that LED's don't have?

Back