Reef Brite lit 120 by Neptunes.....Thanks

Discussion in 'Neptune Aquatics' started by eldiablosrt8, Jun 15, 2010.

1. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

ok after weeks of waiting we are ready to glow i mean GO!!

here is what i have decided to do with the following equipment

4X all blue reefbrites 48"
    2X all white reefbrites 48"

custom built 3x pair times built into stand

my starting light periods will be

2x all blue 2pm to 11pm

4x blue and 2x white 3pm to 10pm

custom led waterproof led form AAC 11pm to 2pm

this is just a start i will play with them more later.

here is the stand install
    old picture that shows electrical outlets with 3 pairs of timed outlets
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here are all the hood install
    old setup up
    4 t-5s 660 icecap ballast and 2 reefbrites 48" all blue
    [​IMG]

removed all the hardware from hood and added a center support to allow 3 points for new lights to attach too

[​IMG]

all the new lights

[​IMG]

installed and ready for wife to come home and her and my sister will pick up hood and put in onto tank...( i may have re-torn my shoulder again i can barely type right now it hurts so much)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Are you going to angle the rear and front ones to project onto the reed head and not so much on the glass?

3. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Looks good Jess!

Curious though why there's only voltage readings on the (I'm assuming) white ReefBrite power strips? I talked with one of the RB reps at BAYMAC and they said that the voltage was displayed on them, but wouldn't elude as to why exactly it was being displayed.

4. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

cerissa is looking into that... those are actuall the first 2 powersupplies from the blues ones i bought....

the last batch all had the slimmer no read out power supplies

also i am going to be working with angles i just wanna get them in first then i can play with them

5. screebo

screebo Guest

You are a very, very naughty scientist! Can't wait to see how your acros and branching coral do under the LED "only' lighting. It will be interesting to measure the PAR values during the cycle of lights at different levels in the tank. Nice work, Jess. R.B. LED's ROCK!

6. iani

iani Guest

Very cool Jess. BTW, how are the new frags doing?

7. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

You can dial down the ones with the digital display. There is a small hole on the right side that allows you to do this with a small screwdriver. I have actually turnde the one I have in the back down a bit.

8. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

frags looking good.... lets see how they do here real soon... finish those plugs so i can build some new frag racks

9. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

This!

10. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

That would be the only RB rep, Joy Meadows. I'm surprised she didn't say why. Like Bryan said, it's so you can get a visual read of how low you are dimming them via the pot.

11. Cerissa

Cerissa Sponsor

So the response I received from Reefbrite regarding the new power supply without the potentiometer adjustment:

"We are having a few issues with that one and had been having some returns on it. It was also too big to run the strips and a waste of energy."

12. Cerissa

Cerissa Sponsor

Looking Good, Jess!!! Any final pictures of the tank with all the Reefbrites?

13. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo that sucks :( That was part of the selling point for me :(

Guess who has a couple of those :(

14. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

Week

Also is there a mounting system for these

15. seminolecpa

Me? :)

16. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Yes they all should have come with mounting brackets on the ends... you didn't get those?

They also offer one to link 6 units together. It's sort of a widened "c" shape so the strips aim to the center of the tank.

17. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Yes Yes, and Me :D

18. Cerissa

Cerissa Sponsor

Ya, I was bummed out too!!!! I had plans to use these LEDs in the store. Grrr....

19. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

I have dimmed the two middle ones down both blue.... will ramp over next week or so. Wanted to do this to all of them but guess RB says no more big supplies

Week!

20. seminolecpa

That to me is going to be a little wierd. If anything I would think you would want/need the dimable supplies more with the whites.