Jestersix

Reef Brite lit 120 by Neptunes.....Thanks

ok after weeks of waiting we are ready to glow i mean GO!!

here is what i have decided to do with the following equipment

4X all blue reefbrites 48"
2X all white reefbrites 48"

custom built 3x pair times built into stand

my starting light periods will be

2x all blue 2pm to 11pm

4x blue and 2x white 3pm to 10pm

custom led waterproof led form AAC 11pm to 2pm

this is just a start i will play with them more later.

here is the stand install
old picture that shows electrical outlets with 3 pairs of timed outlets
DSC_2217.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

here are all the hood install
old setup up
4 t-5s 660 icecap ballast and 2 reefbrites 48" all blue
DSC_0078.jpg

removed all the hardware from hood and added a center support to allow 3 points for new lights to attach too

DSC_0079.jpg

all the new lights

DSC_0080.jpg

installed and ready for wife to come home and her and my sister will pick up hood and put in onto tank...( i may have re-torn my shoulder again i can barely type right now it hurts so much)

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

Are you going to angle the rear and front ones to project onto the reed head and not so much on the glass?

Looks good Jess!

Curious though why there's only voltage readings on the (I'm assuming) white ReefBrite power strips? I talked with one of the RB reps at BAYMAC and they said that the voltage was displayed on them, but wouldn't elude as to why exactly it was being displayed.

cerissa is looking into that... those are actuall the first 2 powersupplies from the blues ones i bought....

the last batch all had the slimmer no read out power supplies

also i am going to be working with angles i just wanna get them in first then i can play with them

You are a very, very naughty scientist! Can't wait to see how your acros and branching coral do under the LED "only' lighting. It will be interesting to measure the PAR values during the cycle of lights at different levels in the tank. Nice work, Jess. R.B. LED's ROCK!

sfsuphysics said:
Looks good Jess!

Curious though why there's only voltage readings on the (I'm assuming) white ReefBrite power strips? I talked with one of the RB reps at BAYMAC and they said that the voltage was displayed on them, but wouldn't elude as to why exactly it was being displayed.

You can dial down the ones with the digital display. There is a small hole on the right side that allows you to do this with a small screwdriver. I have actually turnde the one I have in the back down a bit.

seminolecpa said:
sfsuphysics said:
Looks good Jess!

You can dial down the ones with the digital display. There is a small hole on the right side that allows you to do this with a small screwdriver. I have actually turnde the one I have in the back down a bit.

This!

sfsuphysics said:
Looks good Jess!

That would be the only RB rep, Joy Meadows. I'm surprised she didn't say why. Like Bryan said, it's so you can get a visual read of how low you are dimming them via the pot.

So the response I received from Reefbrite regarding the new power supply without the potentiometer adjustment:

"We are having a few issues with that one and had been having some returns on it. It was also too big to run the strips and a waste of energy."

Cerissa said:
So the response I received from Reefbrite regarding the new power supply without the potentiometer adjustment:

"We are having a few issues with that one and had been having some returns on it. It was also too big to run the strips and a waste of energy."

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo that sucks :( That was part of the selling point for me :(

Guess who has a couple of those :(

GreshamH said:
Cerissa said:

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo that sucks :( That was part of the selling point for me :(

Me? :)

eldiablosrt8 said:
Week

Also is there a mounting system for these

Yes they all should have come with mounting brackets on the ends... you didn't get those?

They also offer one to link 6 units together. It's sort of a widened "c" shape so the strips aim to the center of the tank.

seminolecpa said:
GreshamH said:
Cerissa said:

Me? :)

Yes Yes, and Me :D

I have dimmed the two middle ones down both blue.... will ramp over next week or so. Wanted to do this to all of them but guess RB says no more big supplies

Week!

Back