Cali Kid Corals

Reef Brite lit 120 by Neptunes.....Thanks

I can see why they did it, I mean a potentiometer will turn down the brightness to be sure, but your power consumption will remain the same . That said, these are voltage driven sources not current driven sources? Curious if they put that much extra effort into matching all the LEDs, or if they will end up going kaput in an uneven fashion through time.

sfsuphysics said:
I can see why they did it, I mean a potentiometer will turn down the brightness to be sure, but your power consumption will remain the same . That said, these are voltage driven sources not current driven sources? Curious if they put that much extra effort into matching all the LEDs, or if they will end up going kaput in an uneven fashion through time.

Tullio did the design and I am more then sure he took that into account. He's no beginner when it comes to LEDs. You should see some of his massive installs (Worlds largest LED driven chandelier, etc)

The first batch of power supplies I got popped GFIs, I reckon that was the reason for the returns, my solution was to plug them into non GFI outlets :D

huh mine didn't pop anything (first batch that Rich now owns) and my second batch haven't done that yet either.

>knocks on wood<

Yeah, when I called Joy she was all like WTF? But on multiple GFIs it tripped them, I thought I was trippin', there's really not much going on there for them to do that, they're so basic.

I go mine in the second batch from Neptune and mine didn't come with the adjustable power supply. Oh well. I really didn't need that feature anyway.

PS. Looking Good Jess

well i will get pass the fact im not getting what i paid for.... nor did reefbrite say they changed the power supplies.... i have an issue with joy that i will be sending an email to as well....

besides that rant... i will be building a custom mount for each side of the hood tonight and tomorrow( sis boyfriend is a makeshift carpenter now,LOL)... i will have updated pictures tomorrow and tank shots with lights full on and just blue....

im so sore, time for some WWE NXT beer and some pills to help me sleep,LOL

We do apologize for the discrepancy in what you've expected, Jess. We're bummed out about the change in design too. It was definitely unexpected for everyone, including us.

Moving forward, we're trying to work with RB to see if they are willing to sell the old dimmable PS as an upgrade/accessory or something along that line, just in case some folks still want them. We'll keep you post.

Rob and Cerissa

ok here are the new install pics and some sneak previews

DSC_0123.jpg

DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0125.jpg

and the few shots i took today

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

i have a friend coming over next week to do a professional shoot on tank....thanks Ricky!!!

ok so after one light cycle down and we on # 2 here is what i have to show... everything is open and the color is amazing and crisp

i have updated the photobucket page, here are a few shots

DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0162.jpg

DSC_0151.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

thanks for all the compliments.... now my full time job is babysitting my corals progress,LOL

love my new job...

i have ranted 2x in this thread about the power supplies, just so i can set this straight, its a reefbrite issue and in no way is this a Neptunes issue.... they did everything they could to get the 6 fixtures for me and all i can do is thank them for being such an awesome store and stealing me away from my LFS. its worth my 30 min drive

Here's the latest update I received from Reef Brite:

"We are currently working on a new power supply that will be sold separately that they can dim there leds with. Tell them to just give me some time I do not want to sell one I am not confident that works properly."

i got ahold of Joy today and she said she will ship me the older PS if i want them, she replaced them to save energy consumption.....

i guess it taks alote of power to run that led display,LOL

Joy comes through again.... i love reefbrite again

Back