Reef Hobbyist 40B

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by Nav, May 12, 2014.

1. Nav

Nav Director of Marketing & Photography

Haha yea! Look how big they've grown :)

Corallus likes this.
  2. rygh

rygh Supporting Member

Looking great!

3. T.louderback

T.louderback Guest

Any updates on the ATS? I've used them on FW for a few years and I've been thinking about adding one to my tank.

4. Nav

I personally think my ATS contributes a lot in keeping nutrients in check... Last month I switched to a lower PAR red LED light and since then noticing green growth on one side and brown growth on the other side but still pretty decent growth. I clean it every 2 weeks.

5. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

Nav - your pictures and tank look amazing! It looks like everything is stable and growing beautifully now! Congrats!

Nav likes this.
  6. Nav

Thanks Geneva :)

7. MolaMola

MolaMola Supporting Member

What a beautiful tank! I wanted you to know that my afterschool reef club spent some time checking out your photo progression on the first page with great interest. It was easy for them to compare pics and look for changes. We are getting ready to add corals to our classroom tank. We are also getting a nice camera and our #1 camera girl was all over your recent close-ups. Thanks for the great journal!

Geneva and Nav like this.
  8. Nav

Thank you so much! I feel so good :)

I forgot to update that progression with the recent ones, will do it soon...

9. Kmooresf

Kmooresf Supporting Member

Corals are looking happy man. Nice work!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nav likes this.
  10. Nav

Last week I was in Ireland and on Wednesday 2am I got an Apex notification that my return pump failed! I looked at my live video feed and saw the water level higher in the sump so confirmed it was not a false alarm. Long story short, I got in touch with @jonmos75 & @wpeterson. Jon remotely analyzed my APEX dash while Winfield went over to my home with a backup pump, swapped my return pump with a DC9000, cleaned the filter sock and made sure everything was up and running fine.

Can't be more thankful to be part of BAR and to know fellow reefers who are so helpful. Thanks again Winfield & Jon!

11. Newjack

Newjack Supporting Member

wow! close call
    Another reason to belong to this great club.

12. Flagg37

Flagg37 Colorado member

Simply amazing.

13. wpeterson

wpeterson Webmaster

I've had my own close calls like this :-/ We had a return pump fail overnight the morning we were flying out to the east coast for a week. I was able to give the pump a 7am vinegar bath and get it working, but it was a ton of stress.

I'm happy to help any folks nearby if you have a tank disaster, but it's a reminder how valuable the tank service companies in our club are for everyone else to have someone who can troubleshoot a critical problem to keep your tank alive.

Coral reefer and Nav like this.
  14. denzil

denzil Webmaster

Super awesome that you got help! :D

15. Nav

FTS time! didn't play too much with light/cam settings... just quick shots :)

20mm Wide Angle
    01a.png

10mm FishEye
    02a.png

16. Baykes

Baykes Webmaster

Beatiful, just beautiful:)! I love how big that duncan is!

Nav likes this.
  17. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Nice pics nav! Still got the orange psammacora?

18. Nav

Thanks! yes, still got it... It encrusted and been growing slowly.

19. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Awesome. Lost mine. Would love a piece if an when you frag it

20. Nav

Sure thing! Pic from today... its not that big that I can frag yet ;)

pumpkin.jpg