got ethical husbandry?

Reef Nutrition launches new product - Oyster-Feast

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=4944.msg61014#msg61014 date=1225125867]Oyster eggs AND ovarian tissue ;)[/quote]

That sounds painful!

:D

If you like the smell of oysters, you'll like the smell of this product :) I like it, that's for sure, but i also LOVE eating oysters :lol:

[quote author=Thales link=topic=4944.msg61113#msg61113 date=1225161108]
Best product ever.
[/quote]

Can I quote you?

Oh wait, I just did :p

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=4944.msg61107#msg61107 date=1225158732]
How is that stuff deep fried in a po' boy sammich?

:D
[/quote]

Dunno, that's part of my rigorous Q.A. process :D

The thing with feeding and directions on bottles is we really can't tell you how much you will actually need to feed as all tanks have a different DEB (dynamic energy budget). I'd say start slow, a couple drops a day, then work up to the recommended dosage over a month or so.

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=4944.msg62035#msg62035 date=1225644248]
The thing with feeding and directions on bottles is we really can't tell you how much you will actually need to feed as all tanks have a different DEB (dynamic energy budget). I'd say start slow, a couple drops a day, then work up to the recommended dosage over a month or so.
[/quote]
How can you tell it's enough? The coral open up all the time??

very cool, lately I've been interested in the roles of trace elements and vitamins in marine biochemistry, of particular interest to me are iron and ascorbic acid. Also interesting was last week my doctor told me to watch my blood pressure and cholesterol, a little research on the internet and I cam across this:

"The National Heart and Lung Institute suggest oysters as an ideal food for inclusion in low-cholesterol diets. Oysters are an excellent source of vitamins A, B1(thiamin), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), C (ascorbic acid) and D (calciferol). Four or five medium size oysters supply the recommended daily allowance of iron, copper, iodine, magnesium, calcium, zinc, manganese and phosphorus."

Gresham, do you guys have the #s (mg) for any of these in Oyster Feast? I'm particularly interested in mg of ascorbic acid, iron, and also phosphates. If its a trade secrete and mum's the word I'll understand ;)

Thanks,

Josh

check this out,

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/finfish-and-shellfish-products/4192/2

oysters have HUGE levels of B12, iron, zinc, and copper (and many other nutrients)

That's talking about the whole oyster, we only use the ovary :)

I'll see if we have those numbers and get back to you :D

Back