Reef nutrition

reef-pi exhibit at makerfaire

Sharing some pics of the reef-pi controller and pico reef displays at makerfaire. I'll be in zone 3 today, drop by and say hi, if you are attending makerfaire
IMG_0899.JPG

Yup. Those two pico reefs are fairly easy to move. The entire rockscape is single piece (one of the rocks pices glues together, another one has one LR). I dont have sand in these tanks, only half inch aragonite, and I do 100-80% WC every week. I live less that 2 miles of the event, so it was not bad. It took me less than an hour to disassemble or assemble them back.

reef-pi received editors choice award in the maker faire. There were lots of people expressing interest in it, some are new while others are existing reefers. I'll see if theres enough interest, I'll hold a DIY workshop to build reef-pi controllers.

There were some educators from different cities (Kansas & some place in Arizona) , who were interested in building an inexpensive reef tank for STEM program in their school. Open Source & raspberry pi is pretty kosher for such use case. I was thinking of connecting them to @MolaMola :) . I actually showed off a challice in the pico reef tank, thats from her :0). It was very inspiring to interact with educators

Awesome. I was at Google IO last week and played a little bit with Assistant SDK on the rpi. Seems like you can add that on with not a lot of effort to "talk" to your reef. I'm going to build an adapter for Apex to make use of my Google Home.

Back