Kessil

Reef salt

It’s interesting to note that in the brs video, the Red Sea mixes had a fair amount of drop in alk and ca compared to the other 6 mixes. Your experience seems to be the opposite of what they found. They didn’t test fritz but they did test both rc and rs blue.

The coral pro (black bucket) moved significantly.
87BC1873-BE77-457F-A19E-8C687A2A8B0E.png

Blue bucket moved a little, not much, and it was close to within the error resolution of the Hanna checker to be not that significant. Plus I haven't gone more than 2 weeks before using my salt mix.
DFD29417-EB09-4DFF-B8F9-027070F2A41B.png

Reef crystals was fine for me as long as my bucket was clean. I believe BRS washed and cleaned all their buckets prior to testing.

Last edited:
The coral pro (black bucket) moved significantly.

Blue bucket moved a little, not much, and it was close to within the error resolution of the Hanna checker to be not that significant. Plus I haven't gone more than 2 weeks before using my salt mix.

Reef crystals was fine for me as long as my bucket was clean. I believe BRS washed and cleaned all their but jets prior to testing.

That’s what I thought.

Ok, that’s not nearly what I thought it was. I was wrong. Good to know.

They said they’ll be doing another test with heat and mixing. I wondered how much it will change the results.

Yeah wasn't too happy about the red sea results when the blue bucket, that said mixed up the salt in my 200 so basically a supersized version of what they did and didn't notice any precipitation on the surfaces. forget how long they let it sit but it was atleast a couple weeks i think for mine

Back