Jestersix

reef tank for local elementary school

Hi, my name is Chris Buchanan. I have had the opportunity the last 2 years to lend nano reef tanks to the classrooms of 2 of my children and will be lending the nano reef again. This summer a hobbyist donated a beautiful used 120 gallon tank for the purpose of a tank to be donated to a school. Los Paseos Elementary School, the school in my neighborhood, has some room in their library and would love to have the opportunity to have a reef tank.

The tank, 36”T-5 lighting, 40 lbs live rock, & salt water have been donated and the service will be performed by me. To set up the tank we will need some more donations of new or used items, some items may seem overkill for a free tank but will aid in the stability of the tank, especially during time when the campus is closed for breaks.

We are looking for the following items:
Sump that is appropriate for a 120 gallon or any similar sized Fish Tank
Return pump
Auto top off
40 – 50lbs live rock
Sand
Powerheads
Doser for Calc and Alk, ect.
Autofeeder
Livestock(fish, coral, inverts)
Media Reactor
Any other upgrades or equipment that you think may make this tank successful (ie: better lighting)

If desired, can provide donation information from the school for tax purposes.

Thank you for your generosity.

Chris Buchanan
Chris,

I have some things that may be of use to you:
Litermeter III controller pump w 1 slave
Eheim 1260 and 1252 return pumps
ASM G2 protein skimmer w Sedra pump (I may even have a spare, I'll have to look)
Tsunami AT1 top-off controller, air pump and top-off container
2 Coralife CFL sump lights
I have TONS of PVC plumbing parts in many sizes, I can give you a 5 gallon bucket or two full (just use what you need, keep or return the rest)
I also have a 20g hospital/quarantine system you'd be welcome to have.

OnTheReef (Eric)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DOnt worry, that Xenia will fill in soon enough
Are you looking for anything in particular?

Lol, I’ve been pruning the Xenia for a while in there since it grows like a weed. I am really looking for some basic sps frags that anyone is looking to donate. The tank is coming together nicely just would love for some growth over the summer so the kids could see the change in August.

Chris,

I have some things that may be of use to you:
Litermeter III controller pump w 1 slave
Eheim 1260 and 1252 return pumps
ASM G2 protein skimmer w Sedra pump (I may even have a spare, I'll have to look)
Tsunami AT1 top-off controller, air pump and top-off container
2 Coralife CFL sump lights
I have TONS of PVC plumbing parts in many sizes, I can give you a 5 gallon bucket or two full (just use what you need, keep or return the rest)
I also have a 20g hospital/quarantine system you'd be welcome to have.

OnTheReef (Eric)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gday mate, I know that you are keen to donate your litermeter, but just wondering if on the odd chance you still have it would you consider selling it and posting to Australia?

Back