Cali Kid Corals

Reefapalooza 2018 Anaheim

Yeah, in a former life I was a cost analysis person for a multi-trillion dollar company I'm sure. :D

And probably got fired since I screwed my calculations. It's not $70/year savings.

12hrs/day * 365 days/year * 0.090 kW * 0.5 output x 25 cents/kWh = $49.28/year 80% of that $39.42/year so about $10/year savings, so yeah, not worth it from a financial standpoint at all, but the old ones, don't buy new! :D

Last edited:
Jerry and I were very lucky this year. We won the sump and a small Zen glass tank. My fav win was Jerry and I both won coral subscriptions fro WWC. Jerry got the silver package and I won the gold package. Will keep you all updated on what the packages look like when we get our shipments. rap sump.jpg

We have done well this year with the pair of mocha storms, pair of Kessils and the new USB powered air pump won at MACNA. While at MACNA Jerry and I purchased a pair of Black Storms to add to the breeding setup.

They told me 20% brighter and a larger spread pattern, but remember they said that the upgrade to the AP700 was also 20% brighter. Also there's a new controller for them that has more functionality. My thought on both of those is -- umm,,, great. One of the reasons we buy Kessil's is they require no "functionality" since the color mix is optomized at all brightness and color settings for color growth. Also -- no one runs their Kessils on 100% so do we need 20% brighter that we won't access anyway. One last change is the size of the light. The casing is much thinner and more of a Tuna can look than a Soup can look. I
Tuna-can Blue, you heard it here first!
I wonder if the narrow lens would take away some of that light output improvement and add heat. Agree with not wanting more individual color light controllability, I was happy with the dummy-proofed spectrum they provided. I don’t use and consider the RG controllable LEDs on my AP700 a waste of space.

Alienz landed in Mountain View!
4c69e75a48e859cbee4bed13fcd005a0.jpg

Dang, balling out of control! What's the full list there?

Front left looks like a WD, then Godzilla and Strawberry Sunrise in the next row. The middle two on the right there, couldn't figure out. Possibly Four Loko and the Sublime?

Dang, balling out of control! What's the full list there?

Front left looks like a WD, then Godzilla and Strawberry Sunrise in the next row. The middle two on the right there, couldn't figure out. Possibly Four Loko and the Sublime?

47490e8f2b19ce36b683c4eefad0c361.jpg

The solar eclipse Millie isn’t on their site yet but it’s really bright, it was near an ASD Millie so I was able to compare it to another awesome Millie.

I got the last piece of 4 Loko until it grows back again. It was totally razed and I could see why it’s so popular.

Brandon hasn’t named the Unknown Tenuis yet but it had a nice rainbow going on, this might be one you have to grow out to see all the colors.

Orange crush was really orange and bright in their setup. I think Brandon said it’s similar to Godzilla but has a different growth form.

Confetti has a really deep pink and a green that’s more of a turquoise-forest green that I hadn’t seen on a coral before.

Reactions: Ibn
Very nice!

My third world offerings of sticks.
1619603154926.png

Not pictured are the blue Floyd, RC Poison Envy, and another deepwater.

Morphed mummy eye. You can see the OG mummy eye there in the frame for comparison.
1619603178986.png

Zoas wise, RR pink diamonds, bowtie blasters, and the purple monster. Also, in the frame is the kung pao and I forgot which favia that is.
1619603202287.png

These guys were closed so can't tell you what else is in this one. Looks like pink diamonds, butt muncher, bowtie blasters, hallucinations, and possibly space monster. Will have to wait for them to open up at a different time and take a better pic later.
1619603226801.png

Last edited:
Back