reefcleaners.org group buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Not_Now_John, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Not_Now_John

Not_Now_John Guest

EDIT:

1. Place an order at ReefCleaners.org before Wednesday, March 7th at 9pm. Pay for the order seperately.

2. Choose the free "Group Buy" shipping option.

3. Leave a note in the comments field before submitting the order to let us know which you group you belong to Bay Area Reefers.

4. The order will be shipped on Friday, March 9th, orders should be placed by Wednesday, March 7th at 9pm.
    (2 days before shipping is scheduled).

The orders will be labeled by name, and pre-sorted by Reef Cleaners so you just have to pick it up. I will bring all orders to the BAR meeting on March 10th. PM me after you order for the location and the pick up information if you would like to pick up before the BAR meeting (my house is very close to Chabot. I will post here when the orders arrive, please subscribe to this thread. If you have questions about the pick up please direct them to me, all other questions about livestock and your specific order should be directed to ReefCleaners.org.

Hey guys,

A few people expressed interest in a group buy from reef cleaners. I was going to place an order in pretty soon and wouldn't mind being the group organizer. Reef cleaners ships group buys together with everyone's stuff in labeled bags. My house is only a couple blocks from Chabot, so I was thinking a Friday March 9th ship would get things in before the meeting and I could either bring stuff to the meeting, or it could be picked up at my place. Group buy orders need to be in two days before the order ship date (wed by 9:00pm) which would give everyone about a week to decide if they want anything and then place an order.

If this sounds good to everyone, I'll post instructions for the group buy later today.

2. Piper

Piper Guppy

Michael - Count me in for sure. Thanks for taking the time time to set this up. I haven't looked at the particulars at their site yet - is there a minimum dollar amount or number of people required for a group buy? I'll head over there and check it out later...

Thanks,
    Charlie

3. Not_Now_John

Not_Now_John Guest

There is no minimum, but we would need to get over $250 for free shipping. Even if the $250 is not met, the split shipping will still be cheaper than individual orders would be. I believe a $28 flat rate for next day is what they use.

4. bondolo

bondolo Supporting Member

I'll almost certainly order something.

5. Piper

Piper Guppy

That works. I can probably pick out ~ $40 worth of goodies. The free shipping would be cool if we can get get enough interest.

~Charlie

6. bmhair03

bmhair03 Guest

+1. selection is small now though

7. yellojello

yellojello Supporting Member

I made a first order with Reefcleaners a month ago. John over there was really helpful, and gave me a partial refund right away for the missing pods I wanted. If you could opt for one of the larger Quick Crews with free shipping, then you can add on to it and still get the free shipping. Also, there is a coupon code "5off" to receive $5 off your order over $25 . I ordered $125 worth of stuff though.

8. Not_Now_John

Not_Now_John Guest

Yeah it's a bit low right now, but when you need stuff you need stuff. I don't really want to wait till summer when he should have more macro algae to choose from. My new refugium wants stuff now!

Thanks for the tip on the 5off yellojello

9. rygh

rygh Supporting Member

Count me in.
    It is so hard to find Trochus snails locally,
    but never makes sense for the shipping.

10. Not_Now_John

Not_Now_John Guest

You like the Trochus then? I was thinking about getting some, I am sick of flipping over Astreas that seem to spend half their time floundering on the bottom.

11. Not_Now_John

Not_Now_John Guest

check out the first post for info

12. bmhair03

bmhair03 Guest

Trochus are awesome mine spawned a few months ago and now I have at least 50 small ones roaming.

13. Not_Now_John

Not_Now_John Guest

Ok, already placed my order. As luck would have it, several new alga were just added as soon as I did. Luckily John is very accommodating and changed my order to add some. If anyone wanted any of these other macros, I would pounce on them now, as he just can't seem to keep them in stock!

$80 down $170 to go.

14. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Dbtc time? Seriously though, I might get some of them too!

15. rygh

rygh Supporting Member

Yep. Great cleaners.
    Astreas seem to end up as hermit crab chow. They flip, and I don't see them quickly enough.

16. bondolo

I placed an order for dozens of tiny voracious critters totaling $31.50 Thanks for setting this up Michael!

17. rygh

rygh Supporting Member

I placed an order. $73.96
    Many thanks for setting it up!
    Hope USPS shows up before the meeting.
    If they show up real early, I may PM you for address and stop by.

18. Piper

Piper Guppy

I just placed my order for $42 and some change. That should get us close to $230 now with about $20 left to go for free shipping. There were a couple of items I seen last night that are not in stock today so I put a note in there to add them if they become available. I'll keep an eye on the site and call if I see the inventory change. That might add another $10 or so.

Thanks again for setting this up Michael!

Thanks,
    Charlie

19. Not_Now_John

Not_Now_John Guest

Good news everybody, including everyone who has posted and PMed, we have made the minimum $250 and now have free shipping.

20. bondolo

I was looking for a few items that weren't available as well. If you see additional stock become available can you seen a note here?

Thanks!