Neptune Aquatics

ReeferGirl's 60 Gallon Reef

Thanks! got alot of work to do before im happy!
right now, its got 2 250w Metal Halides, with two double 65w actinic bulbs, and 6 sets of moonlights. one hydor powerhead, one other kind of powerhead, and a decent skimmer, fluval filter.

The corals i have in it are:
Blue Zoa's
Beige Zoa's
Green zoa's
pink tipped frogspawn
some pink stony coral, but i have no idea what it is called!
Birdsnest Coral
Florida Ricordea
some weird flowerpot looking coral
candy cane something or other (most of these corals my BF bought, and so i have no ID on them as of yet.)
Elegance Coral

Thats about it for now. Im going to make a deeper sandbed, add more crabs and snails, maybe a sea urchin too.

I only have two fish in there right now, both clownfish, one black and one orange.

A little word of advice.... you'll never be "happy" with your tank, content maybe never happy, it's the drug that keeps most reefers in :D

so today, i bought more nassarius snails, blue legged reef crabs, astrea snails, an emerald mithrax crab, and the CUTEST sexy shrimp ever. :D here are some pics of the critters, and of a few corals up close.

wow. had a blast at the frag swap today. i took home 15 frags, and 1 container of macro from Erin. this is my haul:

Green polyp birds nest
Red monti cap
Red birds nest
Indo superman monti (YAY!)
Montipora capricornis
Green encrusting montipora
Orange digi (SWEET!)
"Color me BADD" Chalice (haha!!!) isnt that what you call it Jeremy? haha
UNK green acro (this one is going to look AWESOME!!!)
Eagle eye zoa
Elkhorn montipora
Mean green zoa
Branching hammer
Green yuma (yay- finally have my very first yuma. if anyone has BLUE ones, hook it up!!! :D)
Blue mushrooms

wow. my tank is going to look awesome once i have all these pieces out of the QT tank! anyone know how long i should be keeping them in QT? its just in my biocube right now, i decided to make that the QT tank.

Hehe.... awesome picks there, Kelly :D

Some of those items look familiar too. Very cool to see them becoming established within the club :D

Check your montis for nudibranchs. They may be much smaller than the big ugly ones on display at the swap today!

Hey Kelly,

Nice to meet you in person today. Glad you are able to start "re-seeding" you tank. Just a quick word of caution about Jeremy's chalices (of which I own one), they have LONG stingers. In fact he says he has one that occasionally shoots out death darts. So, don't put it "up stream" from anything you like. Just a heads up. BTW, I don;t have any blue yumas, but when I put my new tank together I'll pull off a blue/purple ric for you. Oh wait...I do have a blue Yuma! Just got it today from Mike. Yay BAR swaps!

[quote author=Dyngoe link=topic=4228.msg51729#msg51729 date=1218349367]
Hey Kelly,

Nice to meet you in person today. Glad you are able to start "re-seeding" you tank. Just a quick word of caution about Jeremy's chalices (of which I own one), they have LONG stingers. In fact he says he has one that occasionally shoots out death darts. So, don't put it "up stream" from anything you like. Just a heads up. BTW, I don;t have any blue yumas, but when I put my new tank together I'll pull off a blue/purple ric for you. Oh wait...I do have a blue Yuma! Just got it today from Mike. Yay BAR swaps!
[/quote]

aww BOOOO YOU got the blue yuma??????? BOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! hahaha jk!! :) thanks for the heads up, i am going to move the chalice to another area. i need to get some frag plugs and mount alot of the stuff i got yesterday, so it can all be spreadout better within the QT. :)

ps- i got dibs on the yuma when you frag!! (please! haha)

thanks again! :D i'm happy with my selections! your orange digi is already starting to show some nice color.

Heres a few pics of the QT. i gotta move some stuff to different heights in the tank, but since i dont have discs, theyll get knocked over by the crabs and snails lol

Whoa! You have a black clown and that much coraline algae in your QT tank? Man, mine was a rubbermaid tub with an old canister filter.

oh no, that's a domino damsel. hes a little turd. tried to bite me today. and yeah, the biocube wasnt a QT tank until we decided to make it one yesterday haha. i wanted to sell that tank, but why not use it for QT? yeah, the coralline is off the hook in all my tanks except the 60 gal cause thats new, but i DID spot some new colonies of it on the powerhead, so it has begun. hahahah thanks purple up! that stuff is the best! i put johns 45 gallon tank on a new thread called Swigz' tank. thats where the softies will be going. we have a 55 gal bowfront piece of crap tank, but thats going to be out new rock curing tank. as soon as the QT is done, im taking the rock out of the biocube, and killing everything on it (just stuff that grows on light) and hopefully i will get all the asterina starfish that plague the biocube outta there. big transformation of ALL our tanks since ive joined lol. fun stuff. my poor wallet. hahaha

Back