Our mission

Regional Frag Swap Sept 16th

Np. But only acans!??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By "scans" I assume that's a name for the corals? Sorry.. I'm a noobie lol. Let me know if you want me to swap out some of the images.. post the image you want me to include.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fragging guidelines, note this is *MY* fragging guidelines not official club policy. (i.e. something I would do)

My SPS rules
"sticks" (acropora or montipora) should be a MINIMUM 1" in length regardless of how rare the coral is.
Encrusting corals (sps or LPS), should be minimum 1" x 1" size (or equivalent, basically the size of a frag plug (not the tiny plugs),
Plating corals (montipora caps are what come to mind) should be a minimum of 2" in any one direction.
"Bushy" SPS, pocillipora, stylophora (the good kind!), etc minimum 1" "broccoli floret" size

LPS, too many different types to really go over.

Softies, the most common is zoas, I would do a minimum of 5 polyps for the "smaller" variety, 3 for the larger kind. Things like mushrooms, base on how fast they grow, rarity, colors, etc. I do know that I don't like seeing that tiny button sized ricordia as opposed to a fuller sized one

Overall though the mindset is quality of quantity, rules are meant to seen more as guidelines than strict codes to follow. You could follow rules very strictly and do 1" sps frags, exactly 5 polyps, etc. And god knows I have seen more than enough frag swaps with a crap ton of pink birdsnest frags from one individual. But my mindset is if it grows fast give a lot. People are going to be more happy with a 3" digitata frag that is multi-branching rather than a 1" single branch, where as on the other side of that if you have Super Rare Acropora Takeoutasecondmortgiosis then yeah that 1" is more than fine and going smaller than this could be seen as fine.

Made a flyer for the event, if you guys want to use it let me know. I'll send it to you in whatever file format you need it in. Also, let me know what additional info needs to go in it. I stole the background image from @Vhuang168 , hope you don't mind me using your awesome pics! :)
View attachment 7496

Looks good. One suggestion - whatever flyer we use, I think pricing and link to pre-purchase ticket and link to BAR would be needed.

Looks good. One suggestion - whatever flyer we use, I think pricing and link to pre-purchase ticket and link to BAR would be needed.

Thanks! Can someone provide me all these info so i can add it on the flyer? I can create a PDF version, PDF's are linkable

Back