Kessil

Relaxing in San Francisco

kinetic

Supporting Member
It was a super relaxing day today. I had a good time hanging out with my friends... too bad I forgot it was MARS swap, it would've been idaho grape madness! Well I had this weekend planned for awhile, and so I went out with my friends today.

Started off the day going to the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SF MOMA). Looked at all the wonderful galleries! I get so inspired =) Had lunch at the cafe in the museum, Cafe Museo.

We then headed over to pickup some prints I did of some of my San Diego pictures, and then we went over to Fort Mason. I was thinking of shooting the orchid expo, but it cost $14 to go in, and didn't look all that worth it just for pictures. So we ended up wandering around Fort Mason (which is awesome btw) before getting dinner at a great Thai Restaurant.

While hanging out, I took a few shots, I'm going to post a ton of them, even if they're not artsy. I'm just enjoying the day, no need to be critical. Lots of behind the scenes whatev doodas here.

The atrium of the SF Moma is amazing. It's a work of art. You can take pictures at millions of different angles, and it's different every time.

Random sculpture in the galleries. The lady said I can take pictures of anything architectural... this counts right?

Red sweater, fantastic pose.

My buddy Win, just thinking into the light. He's a thinkmachine, always thinking up new ideas for crazy projects

She really wanted to go up the wall, but when she got there it was a bit scary. I admit it, I went up there and it was a little leg shaky up there. It's actually 4 levels up, you just can't see the other levels from the picture... the ledge is also really freakin narrow:

Here's a few shots of people taking pictures! It's so fun.

My photo buddy leens:

I wonder what's inside?

She's taking a picture of me this time too.

Dreams start here

Generations

Good job Art - very nice photos.

I went to the orchid expo yesterday (fwiw it's still on for today). I spent two hours taking photos, the potted orchid plants were in the hundreds and hundreds (each display must have had at least twenty different varieties and species).

[quote author=Raddogz link=topic=3214.msg35853#msg35853 date=1204476815]
Good job Art - very nice photos.

I went to the orchid expo yesterday (fwiw it's still on for today). I spent two hours taking photos, the potted orchid plants were in the hundreds and hundreds (each display must have had at least twenty different varieties and species).

[/quote]

ooh post some pictures!?

I'm still going through all the pics - filled up one 1g card and then loaded up another gig on the 4g card.

It's one of those I really need a new computer with usb 2.0 because my 867mhz pooter is having a heck of time with raw images.

yeah, my computer at home is really slow when dealing with photos. It's a 1.54mhz, but runs at 800mhz since it's a laptop. The 1gb of memory is always 100% used up too, *sigh*.

I just pulled out $2,000 from my stock portfolio, I'm thinking of getting the new macbook pro with 4gb of memory... that or a D300 w/ Vert Grip and some new CF cards =)

Get 4GB of ram minimum so that you can shove plenty into Adobe. CS3 runs smooth with 6GB of RAM. :)

Beautiful use of negative space and composition, Art.

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=3214.msg36216#msg36216 date=1204666311]
Get 4GB of ram minimum so that you can shove plenty into Adobe. CS3 runs smooth with 6GB of RAM. :)

Beautiful use of negative space and composition, Art.
[/quote]

6GB? o_O amazing =) I'll be getting the 4GB Macbook Pro with the 7200rpm hard drive, hopefully that'll give me plenty of speed. Now I just have to buy a new Adobe CS3 for the mac =(

Thanks for the comments =) SF MOMA is one of my favorite places now to shoot people, hehe.

Yeah, I've been meaning to stop by there to check the place out, but haven't had the opportunity or time to do so.

Back