Our mission

Removal of Aptasia?

I'll try... I'll let you know how it turns out.

EDIT: My tank lights just went off and my eggs should hatch soon. I'll do it tomorrow afternoon. :)

Coral reefer said:
For zoas yes, gloves and glasses (goggles better). Aptasia? Never bothered... Got any links to stuff about related info? What to watchout for, which corals are dangerous, how they can harm you (do I have to have cuts on hands and get slime in it or what?)Signs of a problem, what to do if?

I'm speaking frm a working around Zoa perspective, what happens if the screwdriver slips, or you put pressure in a specific area and the zoa squirts out death?

BTW, if you leave ANY tissue behind it will multiply into more of the little bastards, so IME chemical means are the best.

Matthew, just take out your zoa rocks and do a fresh water dip.

The zoas do fine in fresh water, but the aiptasias will swell up and explode or at least disintegrate.

Do a video. We want to see you get all excited and do the happydance.

Don't do all your rocks at once if you have a lot to do. Spread it out over a week or two. Or else you can mess up your cycle. People have crashed their tanks by dipping too much rock at once.

Mr. Ugly said:
tuberider said:
BTW, if you leave ANY tissue behind it will multiply into more of the little bastards, so IME chemical means are the best.
Water is a chemical, and osmosis is your friend :D
TECHNICALLY, water isn't a chemical. It is an unique identifier for the physical state (liquid) of a specific chemical (H2O).

And Osmosis isn't my friend. We do have an understanding though.

robert4025 said:
Mr. Ugly said:
Technically osmosis isn't Tony's friend either :D

edit: Haha... guess I hadn't read your post completely.

Norm...you want to borrow my Brittanica to throw at Tony? hehe
Fortunately for Tony, he has redeemed himself. Otherwise, yes!

Brittanica? Did you pick up my set from Goodwill? I donated it after the internet was invented :D

I loved encyclopedias when I was a kid :D

Back