Reef nutrition

Request for help cutting these two corals. For DBTC.

I recently picked up these two Astreopora. I like them, but they are WAY too big for my tank. I've let them sit for almost a month, and I think they are settled in, the pink one even healed over some tissue damage it suffered in moving to it's new home. I'd like to reduce their size and put the pieces in the DBTC program, but I do not have the tools to cut their massive skeletons. Yes, I have a chisel, and a hammer, but I'd much rather use equipment that wouldn't make such random pieces.

I want to keep a large-ish section of each for my tank, and maybe keep some of the frags, or put some of the frags in someone's frag tank for future frag swap entry pieces, but I'm sure there is enough here that whoever helped me out could go home with a nice chunk. Astreopora are reputedly hardy and slower growing than montipora, so that might be a plus for some of you who complain about montipora a lot. :p

Anyone interested in helping me slice these up this weekend using your cutting tools?

astreoporas.jpg

San Francisco. I would actually prefer to cut these at my house if someone didn't mind travelling because I have a couple other corals I'd love to make precise cuts on. Will pay for that in coral pieces, and some of it's really cool if I do say so myself. If no one is interested I may be willing to bring them to you, but wanted to ask for my ideal situation first. :D

So it's stated clearly: priority to someone who had one of those cool bandsaws or equivalent, if no one offers the use of one of those, I have a dremel but no diamond blade. I may just go pick up a diamond blade but I'm concerned about overheating on these. There is a LOT of base material to cut through here.

i think I may be able to do this weekend. I am fairly unreliable though with scheduling because of the rug rat. Have band-saw will travel. What area of the city are we talking?

I live in the mission approximately at 20th St. and Mission.

Anytime Saturday would be fine, and I'm fine with it not being an exact time as well, I have lots of projects I could catch up on at home.

Bryan was kind enough to come by and cut these up (and a bunch of odds and ends I'd been meaning to clean up as well) for me today, so I'm all set.

Thanks again Bryan! :)

I need to break down and buy one of those saws.

Back