Neptune Aquatics

Resplendent Anthias

goldielocke76

Supporting Member
Hey all,

Quick question: I have had my anthias for almost a month now, and they are eating great! They get fed very two hours either by me, or by autofeeder, and get a wide variety of food. My question is, they all seem to have a concave belly, no matter how much they eat, is this normal? They are getting spriulina brine shrimp, mysis, marine cusine, mega marine, with vitamins and beta glucan in it, and it seems that their bellies do fill out, but after a while, they are concave again.

I always took this as a sign that the fish was "skinny" but now I am not sure. Just wondering if anyone had opinions or advice. =)

Thanks!

Have you dewormed them yet ? If not, defrost some of your frozen food and add praziquantel (per directions) and quickly refreeze. I had to add copper (Cupramine) for my anthias b/c of parasites.

I have seen them poop, and it looks fairly normal (I'm sure that's a technical term LoL), and they poop regularly. I have also dewormed them by adding PraziPro to their food and letting it soak. When I feed, I alternated: one feeding medicated food, one feeding regular food. The medication has usually sat overnight in the mixture of PraziPro and Garlic Guard. And no, they haven't gone after the pellets yet, but one female does go for the cyclopeeze. Thinking I may continue to treat for IPs, unless you have any other recs. Their bellies are not grossly concaved, but, I can never get them to stay "not concaved" or flat (hope that makes sense). It's not for lack of trying however. Thanks for any input guys =) let me know if you have any more questions.

Kensington Reefer said:
Garlic guard is high in phosphates. I use the brightwell version of garlic.

Thank you! Glad that I saw this before searching my thread. I remembered that you mentioned this but couldn't remember what it was. I just placed an order for it, it will be here in a few days. I did notice their poop, and it's become white and stringy again. It was brown for the longest time, but when I started the meds, it started to be white again. Guess that means I need to continue to treat for IPs, and feed more, like Mike said. Thanks guys =)

Back