Neptune Aquatics

Reverse Osmosis Filter Question

I don't see anything wrong with the RO unit from eBay. Yes, I would add a DI cartridge to it, but it looks fine.

Mine is from AquaSafe Canada, and it's been rebuilt and added to over the years (20 years). It's pretty simple stuff actually.
I used to buy sealed DI units, but swapped over to a refillable cannister (maybe from BRS, I don't recall) so I can replace the DI beads for slightly cheaper.

My filters come out covered in crap and slime...the supply to my house is gross (and 70+ years old).

I'm also an idiot because I bought a booster pump for my unit and it turns out my water pressure is already 80 psi.

V

I don't see anything wrong with the RO unit from eBay. Yes, I would add a DI cartridge to it, but it looks fine.

Mine is from AquaSafe Canada, and it's been rebuilt and added to over the years (20 years). It's pretty simple stuff actually.
I used to buy sealed DI units, but swapped over to a refillable cannister (maybe from BRS, I don't recall) so I can replace the DI beads for slightly cheaper.

My filters come out covered in crap and slime...the supply to my house is gross (and 70+ years old).

I'm also an idiot because I bought a booster pump for my unit and it turns out my water pressure is already 80 psi.

V

A booster pump is handy if you install a second membrane; if the pressure at the new membrane is low then defeats its purpose entirely as you will have more waste water.

Back