High Tide Aquatics

Rich's First SF Build

Thanks to Alicia (Slojmn on R2R) I picked up some amazing stuff this weekend. Got a great frag of Jawbreakers, a fantastic colony of Miami Hurricane, and a huge chunk of the Pink Sand Dollar monti (no picture yet)

Planning to pick up the rest of my livestock that I shipped to a buddy here in California next weekend.

Jawbreaker babies. Don't often see babies this small with great coloring.

Miami Hurricane

And I think the Pink Hallucinations are starting to color up. There is a very nice neon green starting to fill in around the pink splotches in the center, plus the skirts are almost solid green now.

I thought I'd give anyone who cares an update on how Dr. Tim's "One and Only" worked in a 40ish gallon system.

Day 1: Added Saltwater to the tank that had 60ish lbs of livesand and cured "real reef rock".
Added 4 oz. of Dr. Tim's "One and Only"
Added 2 smaller clownfish (had a standby tank ready just incase the ammonia spiked)

Day 2-7: Ammonia stayed pretty consistant between 0.25ppm and 0.5ppm. I took it as a sign that the nitrifying bacteria were working because it was
fluctuating but not going higher
Nitrite and Nitrate were both at zero the whole time, which is what Mr. Saltwatertank showed happening in his system

Day 7: Added a small clean-up crew (nassarius and blue legs)
Added a few corals as well (zoas and a cyphastrea

Day 8: Ammonia dropped to 0
Nitrite started showing up between 0.25-0.5 ppm
Nitrates at 0
Corals all looked good (no color change or recession)

Day 9-13: Ammonia at 0
Nitrite stayed between 0.25-0.5ppm
Nitrate fluctuated between 5.0 - 10.0 ppm (making me think the nitrogen cycle was working the way it was suppose to)
All corals still looked good if not better than when I picked them up.

Day 14: Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate all reading 0

I will continue to check for Ammonia and Nitrite for the next couple of days out of curiosity. I'm fairly confident that the cycle has completed and I have a stable system, but you know what they say about assumptions :)
Overall I am thrilled with how the Dr. Tim's product worked. Zero loss of life between my fish, coral and CUC. I think the levels were low enough that there was little to no stress on any of the life in the tank

Oh man, oh man, oh man. I've always thought these Colorado Nems I keep seeing were photoshopped and saturated into fantasy. I was wrong. Just picked this up from Todd and Brett at Cherry Corals. The two brightest things I've ever had in my tank were the Space Invader and the Jawbreaker shroom. This blows both of them out of the water.

Nice and puffy in the bag (iPhone Pic)

A little blue LED action (iPhone Pic)

As white as my Kessil goes (iPhone Pic)

Ok, I've been busy finding cool stuff and I got some of my older stuff back :)

First here is a better pick of the sunburst:

Sweet new zoas

Close-ups

And some things I've recovered from a buddy out here:

Pulled out the tripod for some crazy macro shots. Straight from the camera with no touchups. I'm impressed with myself and drooling a little

WWC Sunrise Chalice

Sexy Corals Purple Poison

Unnamed Watermelon Chalice

PZ Grafted Shroom (this thing was literally a puddle of goo after shipping, after a few weeks in the tank it did a T2 liquid metal type thing and reformed into a this guy)

Back