High Tide Aquatics

Rich's First SF Build

Some updates via pictures.

Picked up another little package from Cherry Corals

Plutonium Fields

The CC Omega Maul

The WWC Grafted Cap (thought I was going to loose it, but the color is coming back)

Rainbow Cyphastrea

Jason Fox Green Eggs and Ham Monti (almost lost this guy too)

And for all you Z&P Fans

WCR Pink Lightening

My Clementines

CARs

Different CAR strain

Rainbow Delights

Unnamed Red

Unnamed Yellow

Unnamed #3 (one of my favorites and it's still morphing)

Pink Hallucinations

Some Gold Morphs

same ones under all blue LEDs for fun

The Omega Mauls have died

But I have been adding a few other nice pieces

ARC Poinsettias

CC Darth Maul Favia (it's starting to get a dual rim with green on the inside and red on the outside)

No Namers (that I know of)

WWC Grafted Cap

Another No namer (That I know of)

This polyp keeps getting better looking. Picked it up from LA DD on a mixed rock.

First pic is as close to real life as I can get with my camera and LEDs. Notice how white the sand and rock are and the coraline is actually purple.

Second pic is full actinic on the Kessil a360. Looks great either way

Daylightish

Actinics

So no full tank shot yet. No since in rushing it. The zoa garden is still growing out and the acros are still fraggy.

I have gone a little more high tech with the tank in the last few weeks. I added a BM doser to keep up with my Alk/Calc needs instead of dosing by hand twice a day. I'm going to be doing some traveling in the near future and I want to make it as simple as possible for the significant other. I haven't noticed any significant boosts in color or PE so I'm guessing dosing by hand is just as effective and I might go back to doing it after the traveling.

Also added a protein skimmer (My first skimmer ever). I've been feeding more often since this is primarily and zoa and lps tank and because of that I've noticed a build up of a slimy algae on the sandbed. I'm hoping the skimmer will help me with excess nutrients in the water column.

And last but certainly not least, I finally put together a ATO so I don't have to do that by hand anymore. What a relief. Out of all the extra equipment you can ever buy for a system I think the ATO is the best investment.

And now for the eye candy. I'm very happy with the growth so far.

Shrooms:

This guy has been developing very nice orange and green bubbles (I'm hoping they get as big as the Godspawn/Bounce)

Bought this guy from Travis at PZ. When it came in it was a glob of shroom goo and Travis promptly refunded me the money. I threw the frag plug into the back of the tank and forgot about it for a few months. This sweet shroom has been reborn in all it's former glory. This pic does it no justice because it is seriously just as bright as my jawbreakers.
Side Shot

Top Down

I can't capture the metallicy sheen that this one has, but the base is red and green with those bright orange dots throughout

Monti:

This is the JF Green Eggs and Ham. If you don't own this one and you are a monti fan jump on it. Crazy mint green with pink (not white) polyps. My favorite right behind the WWC Grafted Cap

Zoas:

Speckled Fire and Ice (oldies but goodies)

The original PZ Vampire

No Namers

Sunny Ds

ARC Poinsettias (best shot I've taken of it so far)

Sweet Golds
Daylight

Actinic

And still my favorite (Growing three baby polyps right now)

LPS:

Some nice Acans I picked up from Mr. Polandsprings

Still my favorite Chalice - WWC Sunrise (I'll be doing a side by side shot with the JF Trio soon)

Invert:

The Colorado Sunburst - Haven't taken a picture of this guy for a while, but it's atleast 6-7 inches big now and the color gets bright every day. You won't believe this picture, but that's true to life. Just look at the frags right below it. No oversaturation

Back