Neptune Aquatics

Rich's First SF Build

More great shots!
Thanks guys. I try. For every good pic there are dozens of blurry out of focus poorly colored pics. Photography is just like reefing. Requires lots of patience.

I'm going to get a few full tank shots on Monday. My zoa garden is almost complete

my lord, you have gorgeous photos, gorgeous coral, and a gorgeous rockscape. teach me your ways!! I'm following this thread! do you mind sharing what you run as filtration and parameters?

Last edited:
my lord, you have gorgeous photos, gorgeous coral, and a gorgeous rockscape. teach me your ways!! I'm following this thread! do you mind sharing what you run as filtration and parameters?

Thanks. As far as filtration I'm relying mostly on the liverock and sand in the tank. In the back chamber I have 2 packs of chemipure to help with misc phosphates. I also have filter floss on the two side overflows. Two weeks ago I also added a small skimmer to the back chamber because I wanted to start feeding the LPS a little heavier. It's pulling off pretty brown looking skimmate so I'm guessing it's working.

As far as parameters. I'm pretty stable as follows:
Alk: 9 dKh
Cal: 450ppm
Mag: 1480 ppm
Salinity: 1.025

Everything else is the norm for a cycled tank.

Picked up this bad boy a few weeks ago. Probably one of my favorite pictures to date. I love the shadows on the shroom.

Actinics

Whites:

where did you get that mushroom? and approximately how old is it?
i just posted a photo of a similar mushroom(i think its actually the same) as this one in my tank thread and am curious of the lineage! who did you receive it from and what do you call it?

i received mine from kmaintl and his associates

where did you get that mushroom? and approximately how old is it?
i just posted a photo of a similar mushroom(i think its actually the same) as this one in my tank thread and am curious of the lineage! who did you receive it from and what do you call it?

i received mine from kmaintl and his associates
Picked it up from Ed. I call it Norma. Lol

Super excited. Came home today and my Colorado Sunburst anemone split into 4. It was getting huge at about 10 inches partially expanded. Now it's more manageable in a 50 gal tank.

Also picked up a pair of Stigmata Blennies from nicewrasse.com. He QTs everything in his system for 6 weeks prior to selling which is great for people without the space for a qt system

e8u3yjyq.jpg

I've also been hiding these bad boys away.
True blue dots on a blue base with a serious golden rim

IMGP7774_zps0bdb8ba3.jpg

My bounce shroom has also been dropping babies. Check out this little guy

IMGP7770_zpsd94a6a97.jpg

The dust has settled and I have 3 healthy Sunburst Nems. Please no more PMs. I'm not selling them. If I do I will post them in the FS thread.

The Darwin Shroom - I don't know how to describe how awesome this shroom is in person. The green is lime grean and that streak is forrest green. I couldn't capture it perfect on the camera.

Actinics:

Whites:

These acans are freaking hot. bright neon pink with a crazy bright yellow ring.

And finally a comparison shot of watermelons -
From right to left we have
WWC Sunrise ----- JF My Miami ----- JF Crazy Fox

Not that big of an update

Eventually I'll make the move into a more mixed reef. The zoas and shrooms that have been coming in lately are just too hard to resist.

With that being said. Time for an update.

The XTC Shroom. This thing is truly insane in pattern and color. Baby blue is killer on any coral

WWC Twizzlers

WWC Pink Kraks (not mine, just holding for a friend)

Yellow/Pink Acans - I didn't like acans much until these.

PZ Vampire PE - Still one of my favorites and I finally am getting the white ring back which makes these things better than the rest

PZ Grafted Shroom - Not as bright orange as the jawbreaker but that green part is neon green. The color also transfers to the babies which is cool

And last but not least my favorite chalice which grows way too slow. Just keeps getting better

WWC Sunrise

ATI 6x24W.

And with that said. Here is some sweet sweet candy. Oldies and new stuff

WWC Grafted Cap (growing really nicely)

One of my favorite zoas. Good grower and hardy. Just a PIA to frag

Smaller Jawbreaker (pretty sweet patterns)

Sweet Pink Rimmed Chalice

My favorite acan

And the true Eye Candy

CB Flaming Buggatti

CB Rainbow Crush (probably the best coloration I've seen in a long time)

Another true mini colony of Flaming Buggatti

Back