Cali Kid Corals

RN Phyto Feast Live or no?

So I just realized I there are two types of Reef Nutrition PhytoFeast on in the market ... pardon my ignorance :D One bottle says live phytoplankton ... and the other is well ... dead I assume? haha :D
What are the benefits of the live over the non live types? The live stuff is almost double the price of the non live; and also is there something that needs to be done with the live phyto to keep it alive in the refrigerator?

www.reef-nutrition.com has all your answers. I doubt many, if any at all, here on BAR could tell you besides me :p

Phyto-Feast Live has the same algae as Phyto-Feast but is handled with special care. Phyto-Feast Live is harvested and shipped fresh each week and has better short-term cell viability. Phyto-Feast has better long-term nutritional stability. Both are equally good for your aquarium.

http://www.reefnutrition.com/phytofeast_faq.html

Your animals can NOT tell the difference between the two. You get a longer shelf life and a cheaper price tag with Phyto-Feast Premium. Just because it doesn't say LIVE does not mean it's not alive. The only reason we sell two is hobbyists (and our competition) have very funny ideas regarding what our animals "think" :)

No different handling protocols what so ever. Choice is yours but I myself don't use PFL. I use PFC.

Back