Jestersix

RO/DI Sink adapter?

Does anyone know where I can find something like this that is in stock and at around the same price? I don't know the measurement of my new sink, which is why I like the option of different sizes in-case it is some non-standard size...

http://www.marinedepot.com/SpectraPure_Quick_Connect_Faucet_Coupler_for_RO_DI_Units_Flow_Restrictors_for_RO_DI_Water_Filter_Systems-SpectraPure-SP5133-FIRORAFR-vi.html

That looks like it attaches directly to the faucet, you're better off getting an adapter that attaches under the sink where the shut offs are (so you don't have strange hoses coming out of your faucet!)

i think I need the one that attaches to the faucet since I'm going to be moving the RO unit back and forth to my storage space downstairs. I'm also not the best with plumbing and don't want to F up something underneath the sink within 1 week of moving in :)

Check your local water store, otherwise as Mike mentioned you can use a compression fitting under the sink, they work great and anyone can install them if they have arms. If they don't have arms they must know someone who does, I mean HTH do they get the peanut butter jar open.....

sfboarders said:
Gonzo said:
"I have nipples Craig; can you milk me?" :bigsmile:

Do you have a link to what a compression fitting looks like?

Check out the how to videos on BRS. It shows how to install compression fitting.

OMG, that's got to be sooooo exciting, Bob Vila would be proud.

BTW, Montara was going ape-nuggets earlier..

Wouldn't even need compression fittings depending on how your shut offs under the sink are. Most probably have a threaded output, so all you need is a piece to go between that and your faucet hoses. Make sure it has an output with a shut off.. hmmm that's a sucky description... I'll try to take a picture when I get home. Its something where all the John Guest fittings are at your home depot.

tuberider said:
sfboarders said:
Gonzo said:
"I have nipples Craig; can you milk me?" :bigsmile:

Do you have a link to what a compression fitting looks like?

Check out the how to videos on BRS. It shows how to install compression fitting.

OMG, that's got to be sooooo exciting, Bob Vila would be proud.

BTW, Montara was going ape-nuggets earlier..

Man, it's tough going out with my lil ones now. Also, have no motivation to suit up in the cold. Especially after coming back from HI last month.

@R - I might have one of those saddle valves for you. I'll have to dbl check.

This one would be ideal but water shut off is needed otherwise the saddle valve works; should be available at HD Lowes; maybe near water filtration or Refrigerators (ice makers)

6686ac09-eed6-4289-a180-2bd6eba9d514_100.jpg

This is what I used in the past. It works great.
http://cgi.ebay.com/1-4-Feed-Water-Adapter-Ball-Valve-Chrome-RO-DI-/120584579772?pt=Small_Kitchen_Appliances_US&hash=item1c1366aabc

Back