Rock Flower Anemone (VIP Reef) Group Buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by FeliciaLynn, Jul 6, 2014.

1. newhobby

newhobby Guest

Is there still time for me to join?
    2 of the $80 and 1 of the $60?

2. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Supporting Member

Yep! I'm still waiting to hear back from the person coordinating on NR so I can include you in our order.

3. Nav

Nav Director of Marketing & Photography

Hi Felicia, if it's not too late, I'd like to get one of the $80 ones. Thx

4. nly04

nly04 Guest

Please put me down for 2 ea of $60 and 2 ea of $80. So with 50% discount my total is $140 plus shipping, right?

5. FeliciaLynn

Ok great! Just still waiting to hear back from the organizer, so hopefully we can get as many as people have asked for.

6. FeliciaLynn

Yes, that is correct. I'll put you down.

7. Pancetta

Pancetta Guest

Wow, a lot of interest in this buy! What is the total for the club Felicia?

David

8. nly04

nly04 Guest

Thanks Felicia, while we are waiting for them to response. Would you ask them to see if any other type corals that they can offer to us include with this GB?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  9. FeliciaLynn

I'm officially cutting this off! Please go check the first post and make sure I have you down for the correct number and price categories of anemones. I am using the final prices (50% off).

Here is what I heard back from the organizer on NR regarding the categories:
    "So as far as color schemes and handpicking nems, it will be a lot deal sort of thing from the respective sections ($20 for regular ultras, $30 for ultra ultras, and $40 for the top premium ultras like the ones you see on their website). I'll go ahead and do my best to pick out the nicest colors for everyone, but Xavier (VIP's son) said that for the most part they'll give us a few of each color to get a nice variety in there."

If you want to change your price categories based on that info, please let me know ASAP. So that this ends up being fair (not having people fight over colors), what I'll do is assign all the anemones in a specific price category a number and then you guys will get to draw numbers out of a hat for the nems. If you then want to trade each other, feel free!

In terms of shipping, the organizer on Nano-Reef is guessing $70-$80 for shipping on a larger order like ours. He also said there may be Florida sales tax and some Paypal fees for the payment to the vendor. I will let you all know as soon as I hear the full details on that. In terms of distributing them once they get here, I think what I'll do is let you guys know what day they're coming in and then we can all meeting in Hayward that evening to distribute the anemones. If you can't make it that day, I'm sure we can work out people to hold some of the anemones until its convenient. I just can't go driving all over the Bay Area to hand deliver 30 of these! :) Another option for people who can't meet that evening is that they can stop by my place to pick them up. I just can't hold very many because I only have a 30 gallon tank.

For payment, they sound like they want to place the order soon, so as soon as I hear that we need to pay, I'll have you all Paypal me and then I'll pay for all of us. Please send me the money as a gift, or if you want to do it as goods and services, just please send me a bit extra for the Paypal fee (I think its like 2-3%). I normally don't mind, but its going to add up with this big of an order. Also, I'll have to let you all know how much to add in for sales tax and Paypal fees to the vendor if applicable.

If anyone has any questions or issues or suggestions, just let me know! I'm trying to make this as simple and organized as possible.

10. FeliciaLynn

Unfortunately its just a big lot of rock flower anemones, so it won't include any other corals.

11. Pancetta

Pancetta Guest

Felicia,
    The info. listed in the first post is correct for my order. As far as colors go; I tend to like the ones that have some red, purple or orange in them. But, I understand that you limited control of what is ordered.

Thanks,
    David

12. Nav

Nav Director of Marketing & Photography

Geneva, it's $20, $30 & $40s...

13. nly04

nly04 Guest

Felicia,
    my order is correct, too.
    11) nly04 - 2 $40, 2 $30

FeliciaLynn likes this.
  14. Merith

Merith Guest

Just saw this, and if you haven't submitted the final order I would love to get one of the $40 ones.

15. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Hey guys, going to have to cancel my purchase. No RF anemone for me.

16. FeliciaLynn

Yep, I can add you. :)

17. FeliciaLynn

Ok, no worries.

18. Kara13

Kara13 Guest

I know you cut this off, but if anyone backs out, I'll take theirs.

19. FeliciaLynn

Hi everyone, so Tim (the guy on Nano-Reef who's setting this up) went to VIP Reef yesterday to finalize the details and was able to see what the anemones in the 3 different price categories look like. I'll include what he said (and his photos) below. If based on this info, you want to change your order, let me know by tomorrow afternoon because we're about ready to finalize everything.

Additionally, the fees have been determined. We do have to pay 7% sales tax and a 3% Paypal fee to the vendor. Since I have to send the payment to the organizer first, there will also be a 3% fee for that transaction. I figure you guys don't want me to send it as a gift. This is a big purchase, so I'd like us to have protection on our money. Anyways, that means you need to add 13% to your total order when you send me the money. We'll estimate shipping as $100 for now, so that means $3.50 in shipping per anemone you order. If shipping ends up being a tad bit cheaper, I'll refund you all the couple bucks excess. If you don't want to send me your payment as a gift on paypal, you'll also need to cover the 3% fee to me.

So anyways, here's the pricing breakdown:
    If you gift me your paypal payment
    (Your Anemone Price Total + $3.50 shipping per anemone)*1.13

If you do a goods and services Paypal transaction to me
    (Your Anemone Price Total + $3.50 shipping per anemone)*1.16

Once you finalize your order, please Paypal me the total. My Paypal address is felicia.svedlund@gmail.com. In the comments, please put your BAR username and a contact phone number.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  20. FeliciaLynn

I'll let you get in but I need to know what you want ASAP :)

Kara13 likes this.