Rock Flower Anemone (VIP Reef) Group Buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by FeliciaLynn, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Felicia, I could probably chip in for 3 of the $80 if that would be of help to move this along ... LMK via PM. Thanks.

FeliciaLynn likes this.
  2. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Supporting Member

Ok, we hit the 100 minimum again and I'm about to submit payment. The delay means they won't be shipped this week though. The plan I'm hearing is to ship either Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. That means pick up will either be Wednesday or Thursday evening next week. I'll let you all know as soon as I know for sure!

Thanks to Robin for jumping in and helping us hit that 100 nem minimum!

3. Kara13

Kara13 Guest

Sounds good! Thanks.

FeliciaLynn likes this.
  4. nly04

nly04 Guest

Awesome, may i suggest this?
    I suggest we should give VIP reef the complete list of this order so they can label the name of people who ordered while they pick and pack those anemones, by doing this we can avoid the first come first pick when shipment arrive in the bay area. This will help those people who could not make it when the shipment arrive, don't feel they have to pick up the left over.
    example: Mr Alex ordered 1ea of $20, 2ea of $30 and 3ea of $40, VIP reef can pack individual anemones then put all 6 of them into the same bag then label Mr. Alex so when it arrive we don't need to sort them out and no one can chose any thing because that pack is for Mr Alex.

Just my 2cent, any other suggestion are welcome. Happy reefing.

5. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

I was thinking Felicia's idea was very good >>
    "So that this ends up being fair (not having people fight over colors), what I'll do is assign all the anemones in a specific price category a number and then you guys will get to draw numbers out of a hat for the nems. If you then want to trade each other, feel free!"
    No matter when a person gets to the meeting place (first or last), draw numbers which I think is very fair!

I wouldn't even mind if Felicia got to pick hers out first since she's coordinating everything, collecting money, taking delivery, etc.!! This is my two cents!

Spoon and FeliciaLynn like this.
  6. Pancetta

Pancetta Guest

Geneva,
    I agree with you. I doubt that VIP Reef will want to be bothered labeling as nly04 suggested.

David

FeliciaLynn likes this.
  7. F6553066

F6553066 Guest

Felicia ,can pick mine out so no one will think I was picking the best ones. I can't wait until late into the night to pick mine up. Also these anemones are already going to be in their bags for a long period of time. The earlier they are resettled the better.

Dick Flanagan

8. FeliciaLynn

Unfortunately it isn't VIP who is shipping out to us. In order to get this deal, one person had to go buy a lot of 100 anemones from them. That's the organizer on Nano-Reef who lives near their store and can go pick up the lot of 100 anemones. He will then divide them up based on location and mail them out to several people throughout the country. Our box will be coming with 3 separate bags, one for each price category so we know which nems are which category. I will then take those anemones and put each anemone in its own deli container with its group and a #. I will store those anemones in a cooler with heat packs until they get picked up that evening. No matter when you pick them up from me, you will have to draw a random number for each group you bought from and that will determine what anemones you get. There will be no picking out specific colors for anyone. I am sure we will all get VERY nice anemones, so please stop worrying about this.

9. Pancetta

Pancetta Guest

Felicia,
    When and where are you going to divide the anemones up? I have a deadline looming but usually leave work early
    on Thursdays. Around 4pm. I might be able to meet you and give you some help.

David

10. Kara13

Kara13 Guest

Can't wait for Thu:)

11. FeliciaLynn

Hi David! Thanks for the offer of help, but I think I should be ok taking care of it real quick. I was planning to just divide them up at my apartment so that I could go ahead and grab my 3 nems to put in my tank so I don't have to drag those down to Hayward and back with me. Honestly, I don't think it will take me all that long to drop them each in an individual container and write a group and number on them really quickly. I should be able to handle it in like a half hour before I head down to Hayward.

12. FeliciaLynn

Me either! I'm excited to get to be the one to receive a box with $1100 worth of anemones and open it all up and see all the anemones as I divvy them out into deli containers. I'll be like a kid at Christmas admiring all our beautiful anemones :)

13. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

A picture with Inspector Lilly would be amazing! Are there specific instructions for when we get our nems home - I think you mentioned in your journal that you let them sit out a bit to expel excess water?! Thanks again!

FeliciaLynn likes this.
  14. nly04

nly04 Guest

do they need to be dip or not?

15. Kara13

Kara13 Guest

Definitely take some pics. That would be cool.

FeliciaLynn likes this.
  16. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Sounds like Felicia is gearing up for some early Frag swap practice :D

FeliciaLynn likes this.
  17. FeliciaLynn

Inspector Lily will definitely have to check it all out, so I'll get a photo of her with the anemones :) The instructions I've been following is that you temperature acclimate them by floating the bag (or in the case a deli container) for like 20 minutes. Then I lay them out on a clean surface for a couple moments. Like maybe 2 minutes to let them expel the water from shipping that they hold inside themselves. Then turn off all the flow in your tank and take them one at a time and gently press them against the rock where you want them. They'll usually attach their foot within 30 seconds to a minute, so just hold them in place for a bit so they don't float off and they'll stick. If you get a stubborn one that won't attach, you can always put it in a container with rubble on the sandbed and then move it once it attaches. Usually they attach very easily though!

Geneva likes this.
  18. FeliciaLynn

No, I wouldn't recommend dipping them. They don't have any rock or anything with them for pests or algae to be on. I just always let them sit out for a moment to make them expel the shipping water so that you don't introduce a bit of shipping water into your tank.

19. FeliciaLynn

Yep! I'll be quite the expert :)

20. FeliciaLynn

Will do!

Kara13 likes this.