Rock Flower Nem Group Buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Merith, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Merith

Merith Guest

We have hit an amount that I can cover and keep the rest, in fact the way it's looking I may end up needing to order more than 100 lol.

Send Paypal payment to spikeray06@gmail.com please include in the notes your forum name as well as the quantity you are getting as that will make my life a little easier.

I will place the order as soon as enough have paid that I can safely cover the remainder. Talking to my vendor this morning and he is super excited to pick us some fire and make me into a rock star for pulling this off lol.

Trying to judge interest on these. I have an opportunity to get a decent batch of premium and ultra grade rock nem's. Price is 18/ea Let me know if you are interested and if so how many.

I will be hijacking the method y'all used last year to distribute these, a meeting time and location will be set, the nems will be placed in bags or containers and each given a number at the pickup in the order you arrive you would draw a number for each nem purchased. You may trade amongst yourselves after but this is the most fair way I have seen to distribute them as they come in a wide variety of colors and patterns.

Here is a good thread with some general and advance info on these little guys.
    http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/342744-rock-flower-anemone-information-and-appreciation-thread/

So since I like the editor on here I'm gonna leave the orders as well as notes for my self here in addition to the file I started on my computer.

BAR Orders 48
    Nly04 12(Paid)
    Enderturtle 4 (Paid)
    Vhuang168 5 (Paid)
    Coral Reefer 3 (Paid)
    Seaslugteam 3 (Paid)
    Wpeterson 2 (Paid)
    Apon 3 (Paid_
    MolaMola 1 (Paid)
    Klems 2 (Paid)
    Jonmos75 3 (Paid)
    Muhli 6 (Paid)
    Uberfugu 5 (Paid)
    Nav 1 (Paid)

916 running total 39
    NVR waiting on thread unlock
    CVR need aproval
    Chico will bump in am
    Text order 6 (Paid)
    Text 20 (Paid)

Running total 103

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  2. nly04

nly04 Guest

I will be in for half dozen but i refer to pick and chose if possible.

3. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Rock flower anemones are a group of anemones from the Carribeans. They come in amazing color patterns and RARELY move after they set their foot down. Unlike those pesky bubble tip anemones that walk around your tank stinging corals along their way to happiness.

Rockflower nems especially "ultra grade" color patterns are HARD to get here at our local fish stores.

By the time the stores get them they're usually way more than we want to buy them for which is why alot of stores don't carry the crazy color patterns.

IMG_0063_$80.jpg IMG_0078_$80.jpg IMG_0091_$50.jpg IMG_9817.jpg

Group buys usually are accompanied by a major discount. :)
    So if you're reading this and want a big discount on rockflower anemones, post your interest and how many you want.

Put me down for 5 rock flowers steve.

Should we include NVR to get more purchases? Last year I was struggling to get 10 anemones sold but we made it happen.

Here are two threads for 2 group buys we did in the past if you wanna learn how group buys work.

http://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/rock-anemone-from-vip-reef-order.17675/
    http://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/rock-flower-anemone-vip-reef-group-buy.16963/

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  4. Merith

Merith Guest

I am opening it up to NVR CRV BAR Chico and 916. I'm working with him right now to figure out what kind of deal I can get so atm the deal and price is pending. The short of it is he offered me and a few others a deal on them as he's doing something with that system and didn't want to deal with buckets of nems lol.

5. Merith

Merith Guest

Update

As it sits right now I can get them down to 18/ea if I order 100 or more. Working on pricing for a smaller batch now if it's even an option.

6. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

18$ for premium grade rockflower nem?! thats CRAZY cheap.

At 18$ per rock flower nem, put me down for 5 nems!

I wouldnt mind paying more if he wanted a smaller batch (just so this can actually happen) but lets try for the 100 minimum.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  7. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

How big are they?

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

8. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Theyre usually 2 inches in diameter.

9. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

Ok, that seems small enough that I can have a few. Put me down for 5.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

10. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

The last group buy we did. Some were 1.5 inches in diameter and some were 3 inches. Most were 2 inches. I've had one for about 1 year now and the other for a couple months. They both grew to about 2 inches and have stopped growing. Soooo that's awesome for my tank.

11. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I would definitely want some. Put me down for 3

12. Seaslugteam

Seaslugteam Guest

Put me down for 3 also.

13. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

@Merith I noticed your post on the NVR forums ALL the rockflowers were bought?

So this isn't going to happen anymore?

14. wpeterson

wpeterson Webmaster

If this is happening, I'm in for 2x of these.

15. Merith

Merith Guest

Well yes and no. What happened was the vendor offered me a smoking deal as he wanted to clear out the tank to do some work on the system and was easier on him to sell them off cheap than deal with a few hundred lbs worth of buckets of nems. I knew I needed to act fast as they wouldn't last long at that price, in the time it took me to post everywhere he had someone snatch them all up. When he told me I jumped the gun a little as I didn't want to get evryone excited like I was lol. Worked out what normal pricing would be late last night and we are still a go, the down side is that the min order is 100 the upside if the price will only be 18/ea.

I need to wake up and get my meds working before I try and do smart people stuff, but I got a really good response from the 916 group last night so I will be counting that up to see where we are at as well as adding in the numbers from each club. My hope is with the sheer number of people represented in BAR, 916, NVR, CVR, and Chico we can get close enough that I am able to afford the remainder and it's an amount I have room for as well lol.

Enderturtle likes this.
  16. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Cool so it sounds like this is still happening.

I count a total of 21 nems from BAR so far and I imagine more people will post.

17. Apon

Apon Volunteer

I would ok to try 3.

Thanks
    Arnold

18. nly04

nly04 Guest

Well, I will increase from 6 to 12 pcs if help. So put me down for 12.

19. MolaMola

MolaMola Supporting Member

Just back in town - I would love to buy one for my school tank!

20. Klems

Klems Supporting Member

I would love to purchase one too for my nano...