Rock Flower Nem Group Buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Merith, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

I did get some nice ones! Didn't get any blues though. In hind sight, should have bought more!

Merith if there are extra for round 2, I'm sure some of us would love a chance to buy more.

Merith likes this.
  2. Merith

Merith Guest

If it makes you feel any better there wasn't any blues when they were in my tank. Judging by the 20 my buddy got several of them colored up to quite nice looking. That blue one ender got was a red green looking one this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. nly04

nly04 Guest

Keep in mind, what ever method you are doing to do to acclimated and to place these into your tank may not be final because they could move to another spot. A healthy nem will find a good spot that they are comfortable with and stay there sometime they move a couple spot in a day.

Merith and Enderturtle like this.
  4. Vhuang168

So far so good. Nems stayed in place last night. Today will be the 1st day of full light so I'll see if they move

All were fully attached and wide open this morning.

5. Seaslugteam

Seaslugteam Guest

Nav, I love the last photo that you posted. It's like a child on Christmas morning.
    Sorry might have mistaken but that is Vhuang, right?

Vhuang168 and Nav like this.
  6. Klems

Klems Supporting Member

Both of mine went into the tank last night, one moved toward the back but I was able to reach it and get it to re-attach to a rock on one of the viewing sides. Will try to do a feeding later this evening...

7. wpeterson

wpeterson Webmaster

4 of ours did well overnight and staid put in the basket.

One squeezed himself out through a tiny hole in the basket and attached himself to a big rock the basket was sitting on in the refugium.

8. Merith

Merith Guest

I was very much wondering what kind of mess I might have been coming home to last night but only 6-7 out of the remaining 40 or so decided to move enough for me to notice.

9. Vhuang168

Lol yup that's me! Was quite excited to see the haul.

Seaslugteam, Merith and Enderturtle like this.
  10. Klems

Klems Supporting Member

One of mine decided to move again...but even deeper than before...should I just change flow / lighting to get him to come out again?

11. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Make sure theyre not getting blasted with light/flow.

You got a picture of where it went?

12. nly04

nly04 Guest

Don't force anything yet. Let it stay where it like for now because it will move again when you force it.

13. Merith

Merith Guest

My theory or thoughts on nems are this, for the first few months I just let them do what they want as long as they aren't hurting anything I'll actually move other corals if needed if the nem isn't looking 100%. After that few month period I will consider moving them to a location I want them and see how it goes.

14. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

My nems have moved at the most 1 inch. They're all still in the cup I put them in last night. Foot stuck on the plastic, mouth is tight and happy.

Also for anyone who got duplicate nems that they dont want:

Any rockflower nems with color patterns matching the ones seen in this group buy will count as a Bonus Round Coral sooo you can either keep the nem to use as a bonus round qualifying coral or you can do whatever you want with it.

Merith likes this.
  15. Nav

Nav Director of Marketing & Photography

I guess you meant bonus round in the next frag swap?

16. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Yup for the upcoming Regional Frag Swap.

We will have bonus rounds and these nems count as a bonus round coral.

Merith likes this.
  17. Klems

Klems Supporting Member

Now that I have these two nems in the tank, I'm having regrets......regrets that I didn't order 3 or 4 more!!! :(

Enderturtle and Merith like this.
  18. Merith

Merith Guest

Believe me your not alone lol. I've had so many people that have felt the same. It will be a while as this took a lot out of me and it's gonna be a while before I'm fully recovered but I plan on doing another one of these in the future.

wpeterson likes this.
  19. Vhuang168

If you can give me more notice than this last time, I'd be happy to drive out n help you unpack n box them up!

20. Merith

Merith Guest

I'll try and keep that in mind. Like I think I either said or thought this went pretty smooth but I did learn several things to do differently the next time. One of the big changes in going to make will end up slightly affecting the cost but I think it's worth it since it would make much less stress on the nems. My thought is to get a bag or two of crushed coral and have a spare tank ready ahead of time lined with the crushed coral so that they don't have to be removed from surfaces as much. Either that or I vaguely remember reading something somewhere about using pvc end caps to put them in.

Enderturtle likes this.