Neptune Aquatics

Roc's 1st Big reef

[quote author=Roc link=topic=3622.msg42593#msg42593 date=1210142031]
[quote author=bookfish link=topic=3622.msg42575#msg42575 date=1210137296]
Use an ABS piece. I'll ck the price at Paganos in the next day or 2
[/quote]

you keep telling me to go there but it is just so damn far outta my way, guess I might need to bite the bullet and just go.

And Elite is is for the internal returns so I don't really want to paint any
[/quote]But it's 2 minutes from my house so I can check for you!

Last update came with no pics so I thought I would throw a couple in this post.

Here is the pics of drilling out the holes in the top for the powerhead cords

120galreef5-8-08002.jpg

I finished the baffles ( I think I tried to do to much in one night after a long day at work, and they are kinda messy but won't be seen when I make the doors this weekend). I also did the under cabinet plumbling for the drains, I can't do the return until my pump shows up tomorrow.

120galreef5-8-08003.jpg

I have been adding saltwater all week. I have been going slow becuase I can't rush since the overflow ins;t hooked up right now anyway, but now I am at the point where I really need more rock (one look at this pic and you'll know I am NOT kidding). I have about 20lbs or so in my 20 gal still but it can't go in the tank until last becuase it is covered in corals. I figure I need another 60lbs at least to get the look I am going for.

120galreef5-8-08004.jpg

I have found a couple of places online to buy the black elbows for the return inside the tank but they are super expensive.

Pic with lights on (ignore the cord you can see that for the heater which will be in the sump once everything is plumbed)

You can almost hear the tank saying Add More Rock To Me

120galreef5-8-08.jpg

Well I just tested the water ( I threw a shrimp in there a couple of days ago) and these are the peramiters

Ph - 8.2
nitrate/NO3 - 0
Ammonia/NH3/NH4 - 0
Nitrite/NO2 - 0

Looking good

I got home really late tonight and only had time to shoot a couple of pics but these should keep everyone wanting more..............

120galreef5-12-08001.jpg

120galreef5-12-08002.jpg

Wow you are fast.. 3 more days and my tank will be 1 month old and I haven't add anything other than chaeto and tigger pods ;D ..

How is the flood drain pipe working out for you?

as far as the quickness everything in the tank was from an older mature tank and the drian pipe is workin well

So the only issue I seem to be having is micro bubbles coming from the return (there isn't so many that they are distubing the corals), not sure what is causing this as the pump is completely submerged and on the oppsite side of a bubble trap from the drain and skimmer????

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=3622.msg43104#msg43104 date=1210693276]
It may be that your skimmer is still breaking in
[/quote]

Oh OK well thats most likely true, no worries then

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=3622.msg43104#msg43104 date=1210693276]
It may be that your skimmer is still breaking in
[/quote]
That or your baffles too high compare to the water level in the return section. Turn off the skimmer and test it out :) ..

Well it's time for an update.

Everything is going pretty good, this heatwave was interesting but I showed no death's or stress to fish or corals.

I am starting to put things where I want them to be 9I mean more direct corals as I already made SPS, Zoa, Ric/Yuma sections)

I am very happy with the rock work and everything seems realy stable.

I still get some mirco bubbles and think it might be just fine turning the overflow Vs. return.

And now for some Pics

FTS

120galreef5-17-08015.jpg

Yellow tang

yellowTang5-17-08.jpg

Blue Hippo Tang

bluehippotang5-17-08.jpg

the tangs together

tangs5-17-08.jpg

Ric/Yuma corner

120galreefRicrock5-17-08012.jpg

a gift when I got my rock

120galreef5-13-08004.jpg

[quote author=bookfish link=topic=3622.msg43487#msg43487 date=1211039412]
Nice to see the tangs happy in their new home.
[/quote]

It's funny but the 2 of them paired up and now they swim everywhere together

I almost went with something dark but then thought about how I never see light woods used for tank stands and I am extremely happy I did it in maple

Well I think that it is the skimmer which is causing the mirco bubbles to come into the display tank, but it is strange as their seems to be a "spurt" of bubbles every 1 - 4 mins.

Doesn't seem to matter much regarding water level in the return chamber of the sump, still happens about every 1-4 mins

I'm not sure how to reamdy this issue, any ideas?

Back