Neptune Aquatics

Roc's 1st Big reef

Update,

I will have a bunch of new coral pics up this weekned and my goal is get get at least 1 good pic of every fish as well, but I need to clean the glass.

Teaser pics

New sand Sifting goby (have heard it called both a twin stripped goby and a Sleeper Railway Glider Goby )

twinstripedgoby004.jpg

new frags from NCNRS swap and NCNRS/BAR don't break the chain programs

ChalicefromNewAlamedaAquaticsorigin.jpg

Coralsjulyswap002.jpg

Well I tried to get all the fish but both tankg are being pissy, I will catch them and some other later. For now

Twin Striped Goby

Fish7-31-08015.jpg

Yellow fined Damsel

Fish7-31-08017.jpg

Female Clown

Fishes7-31-08015.jpg

Missing pics, Blue hippo tang, yellow tank, male clown, royal gamma

Zoa garden is growing

Zoagarden7-31-08024.jpg

Unknown zoa (Id anyone)

unknownzoa7-31-08026.jpg

Ok, more updated pics.

I finally got my recent DBTC and frag swap corals off the frag rack and glued to the rock.

FTS

120gal8-3-08017.jpg

View from my love seat

120sofaview8-3-08018.jpg

Green pay packer zoas from NCNRS frag swap (from Jenny)

Greebbaypackers8-3-08007.jpg

Mushroom hitch hiker

When I 1st noticed it 2 months ago

120galreef6-10-08006.jpg

yesterday

Mushroomhicthhiker8-3-08019.jpg

Sun coral from NCNRS frag swap (from Phil)

Suncoral8-3-08003.jpg

Coco's pink zoas from NCNRS DBTC (from Tony)

PinkDBTC8-3-08006.jpg

Green monti confusa from BAR DBTC (from Durwin)

SPS8-3-08013.jpg

Zoa garden

Zoacorner8-3-08016.jpg

Ric/yuma garden

RicRock8-3-08015.jpg

Pink Bridsnest (from Prop)

Pinkbridsnest8-3-08010.jpg

Unknown SPS

SPS8-3-08012.jpg

2 more unknown SPS

SPS8-3-08014.jpg

Unknown zoas sent to me as a extra

Unknownzoa8-3-08008.jpg

Well it's been a min since I have updated, not much to report actually.

My father came over with his DLSR cam a week ago so I thought I would post the shots he took (I don't think he knows how to use his cam very well, but some of the shots were nice)

AcanDSLR.jpg

BLuechaliceDSLR.jpg

CandyCanesDSLR.jpg

DevelshandleatherDLSR.jpg

GSPDSLR.jpg

HammerDSLR.jpg

RiccornerDSLR.jpg

SunCoralDSLR.jpg

ZoacornerDSLR.jpg

CLownDSLR.jpg

FemaleClownDSLR.jpg

BluetangDSLR.jpg

YellowtangDSLR.jpg

CleanerShrimpDSLR.jpg

Nice tank! I had just one question. Why are the PH hitting the rocks directly? Atleast thats what it looks like to me? Just wondering? Other than that tank looks sweet.

both PH push past the rocks in one case on the left side they push through a cave on the right side they push over the pic rock.

Very nice! Awesome looking tank, congrats! I really like the zoa and ric gardens.

One day when I have a big tank I hope it goes as well as your tank is going.

Well it's been awhile since I updated my tank progess.

I was under the impression that my stony corals needed to be fed more then they were getting out of the water and took the advice of someone who seggested I use Kent Marine's PhotoMax (stuff was super expensive) and to follow the directions.

It said to add 1 drop for every 40gals of water every other day. I added 3 drops every other day (which is a little light considering I have a 120 gal display and a 55 gal sump). I didn't do the key to any reef though which is to test my water evey time I added this stuff.

I got really busy and quite franky kinda feel off on my maintenance letting some algae build up on the glass and lacking on a water change, however I was still adding this suplament. the result was that the KH in my tank dropped very low, and killed my green bridsnest from Marc, my pink bridnest, My orgen tort, a large green bridnest I had from BAR's DBTC program, and another Acro. However the Monti's all did really well during this time and to LPS and Zoas furlished.

I have stopped using this product, and have finally got my water perameters back on track.

Now for bad news number 2.

When the aglae on the glass (it's actually acrilic) had gotten outta control and I finnally dicided to gt off my ass and clean it I started very close to lights out, the lights went out but I keep going and didn't notice until it was to late that I was using the scrapper so hard I was stiring up the sand bed. appearntly I got some sand in between the scapper and the tank and made scratchs all over the place. None are to bad but are going to need to be addressed since they are driving me nuts.

I head about using this kit of waterproof sandpaper that can be safely used with all the fish and corals still in the tank, and will most likely set myself up to do small sections over a long peroid of time as I know each section is going to take a ton of work.

I do have some new pics but I haven't uploaded them yet, so they will follow in a new post when I get home.

Got all new bulbs today (the ends has burned out black and I figured it must be time ROFL)
new bulb combo is (5 bulb Aquactinic TX5 fixture)

ATI Blue Plus
ATI True Actinic 03
Korallen Zucht Fiji Purple
UVL 10000K AquaSun
ATI Blue Plus

So here are some quick pics, I need to clean my glass but no now

FTS with the new bulbs (Man I love this color)

120galtank10-17-08017.jpg

The DBTC chain Favia from Neptunes (I don't remember the name) The colors are crazy with these lights

120galtank10-17-08013.jpg

The Tyree Tri-Color Acro from Marc , sorry for the bad pic (actually the color's not bad under my new lights)

120galtank10-17-08014.jpg

so maybe change the figi purple (the only non new blue bulb) to a aquasun?

I was under the impression that the blue plus was a combo of daylight 12000k and actinic 03 par readings

Your "favia" looks like an acan echanata to me. Never the less, it is a pretty coral. Looks like a mix between Sergio's monster and an orange crush.

Back