Neptune Aquatics

RODI Filter Replacements and Schedule

I have a Vertex Puratek 100GPD 4-Stage and the TDS is now between 1-2 TDS.

Based on an estimated schedule, about 6 months, should I replace Sediment/Carbon, or Sediment/Carbon/DI?

Then, replace the RO Membrane about 1-2 years so every 2nd or 4th of the above filters.

Also, I'm not sure which brand filters and microns for all of those 4 filters I should replace with. Should I do Carbon and DI refillables?

I'm in San Jose area, the Puratek only has a TDS meter in the output water, so I have never tested the incoming and in-between waters, but since I only run the unit once a week, the water sitting in it between uses is usually ~30+ TDS IRCC, which I have to backflush several times to get back down to good TDS.

Replace the sediments when they start to look dirty, AFA your carbon, it's best to get a pressure gauge so you are assured that your membrane is getting enough juice to get an acceptable rejection rate. There's no real schedule since we all get different water, for example Moss Beach Montara whee I live has their own municipal water district and get their water from multiple local sources (it's a closed system), so from day to day it can vary, let alone month to month.

slim_jim989 said:
Does anyone kno if we need to use the chloromine filters here in san jose/ mountain view area

i have a patient that works for SJWD and according to him chloromines are not used in San Jose. Although I trust what he says i would still reccomend double checking.

I do have a pressure gauge with booster pump. I don't really pay attention if it has changed at all, but I think it reads consistently all the time ~120-130 psi. Would having a booster pump still have a fluctuation in pressure as the filters get clogged?

I'll have to check again the next time I make another batch.

The pressure would go down, minutely and still remain high with the booster pump.

Personally since the filters are cheap, I'd opt for changing them out more often than not :)

The ro membranes are pretty cheap same with the filters but I know lowes has sediment and micarbon filters too if u don't want to spring fir shipping

Back