Reef nutrition

RODI Water Mixing Station Help

Hello fellow BAR members. I need your plumbing expertise before I start drilling holes everywhere lol Let me try my best to not sound so confusing...I also drew a little sketch.

-I have 3 Containers: One 45g Vertical and Two 30g Horizontal Tanks.

-The two 30g tanks are on the bottom. Side by side. The plan is to have the 45g tank gravity fed into horizontal tank "A" then pumped into "B" and circulate back and forth to mix salt water. After it is ready I want to open a valve that shoots directly into the sump.

Question:

I want to plumb a 1" pipe towards the top of tank to connect "A" and "B". Will this be enough for water to flow from "B" back to "A" naturally? or will there need to be a secondary pump. Since the pipe is horizontal there is no gravity pushing it to the other tank.

Also, where should i plumb the output pipe from the pump?

thanks

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420066213.537765.jpg

I'd use two 3-way valves.

One on each side of the pump. That way you could have either A and B feeding pump, or just A..... pump feeding B or sending mixed water to your tank. Definitely use the blue pipe, but drop down to the lowest possible level. Don't worry about the uniseals, they work great.

I need to incorporate another valve and plumb a pipe that shoots both tank "1" and "2" into my sump after mixing is done. So maybe the top of the 4 way outlet, split off to another 3 way into the sump.

Back