got ethical husbandry?

Romberg Tiburon Center for Environmental Studies Invitation-Saturday, June 7th

Mr. Ugly

Past President
Hi Everybody,

Romberg Tiburon Center is inviting BAR to attend a June 7th BBQ/tour/presentation at their marine laboratory center ( in Tiburon, of all places! :D ):

http://rtc.sfsu.edu/index.htm

Tentative schedule is:

12:00 - Potluck/BBQ
1:30 - Facilities Tour
2:30 - Slideshow Presentation of Research Work in American Samoa by Tyler Waterson and Jonathan Stillman

Directions to RTC:

101 exit at Tiburon Blvd (hwy 131)

Go east (right if you are coming from 101N, and left if you are coming from 101S) at the top of the exit

Follow road to a stoplight with a left turn lane at Trestle Glen Blvd (road forks here)

Go left onto Trestle Glen

Follow to Paradise Drive (T-intersection)

Go right on Paradise Drive and follow about 2 miles until you get to the Romberg Tiburon Center

We have two entrances. The first one is at the "Administration Building". Drive past this one and follow the road for about another
1/4mile until it dramatically widens.

Do a u-turn into the gate and go down the hill.

Turn right at the water and go to the end of the campus.

A big A-frame type building (Building 36) will be in front of you, and this is where we will meet.

If you are interested in attending, please RSVP to this thread!

Carpool and potluck signup starts here:

1. Norman - ribs and plates/napkins
2. Mike -veggies and dip
3. Ian - sausages & buns
4. Arnold - fruits
5. Rich - drinks
6. Doug - chocolate kahlua cake

thx Bookfish, Tyler, & Jonathan!

:D

seems strange, as the talk (American Samoa) is a way different marine field than it appears the RTC does (more local)

but wow where did SFSU pony up the money from to get 32 acres of waterfront property in Tiberon! :D

That was the cost of living that you didn't get last year :D

Seriously, here's some history on the center:

http://rtc.sfsu.edu/history.htm

So are you gonna go?

I've been speaking with Jonothan lately about his upcoming research and without stealing the thunder, it's fascinating science and relates directly to important reefkeeping questions.

I'm trying to work it, the only thing that's in the way is this pesky g/f birthday thing. I think she should go hang out with "her friends" :D

For your b-day, I'd like to treat you to something special!!! A trip to the Tomberg Tiburon Center for Environmental Studies.

g/f ain't gonna be here, so yeah I'm up for it.

And yeah Jeremy, treat her some place nice in Tiberon... food, spa treatment, whatever or just have her go do her "friend thing" early, and you get to round things up at night :D

I'm planning to go to the BAR meeting so I can't go to this one. Jonathon said he would give me a special tour if I ever go up there ;D ..

Invitation to the Romberg Tiburon Center for Environmental Studies vs.
hand.gif

Mike, Arnold. You guys want to car pool? Drive to my place and I'll drive to Tiburon. Norm what should I bring as well.

Well one person can park in my garage. Worse case senario we can drive into the presidio and park your car (its on the way). Tons of parking there.

Back