Kessil

Romberg Tiburon Center for Environmental Studies Invitation-Saturday, June 7th

Updated first post to add Arnold, Rich, and suggested potluck items.

I think my wife is attending too.

Feel free to bring an alternate potluck item if it's more convenient.

Any other peeps want to attend?

I should be able to attend as well.. I need a vote on what I should bring though.. Two choices.. Cold Asian Noodle Salad or chocolate kahlua cake :) I need votes!!!!!

Kewl.. Ok chocolate kahlua cake it is then.. Will there be photo opportunities? I'll have to chekc out their website...

Hey Ian can you come by my place and pick me up too ???

[quote author=Elite link=topic=3771.msg44834#msg44834 date=1212724875]
Got a new camera Norman? Take a lot of pics ok ;D...
[/quote]

Got a D40 a while back. Been way too busy to practice with it :(

[quote author=fishnfst link=topic=3771.msg44835#msg44835 date=1212724984]
Will there be photo opportunities? I'll have to chekc out their website... [/quote]

I figure there should be. Anyway if Art can take pics of rusty keys, there's gotta be something to shoot over there :D

Hi All,

Please, if you can make it on Saturday (Tomorrow!) to the lab please come. Tyler's work is interesting and he's got some amazing photos to share. I think you'll all enjoy seeing our aquarium system, as well as the rest of the lab - it's both interesting AND historic! Really, we've been meaning to get you out to the lab for some time now....You can check out the lab website at http://online.sfsu.edu/~stillmaj and RTC's website at http://rtc.sfsu.edu

Jonathon Stillman

what's the estimated drive time from SF to the place? I'm going to be really strapped for time Saturday morning, hopefully the time schedule is fairly accurate because then if I show up a bit late no big deal.

Darn. My neck of the woods and thanks to little league baseball playoff games, I can't make it.

On another note, the Romberg center will be receiving a lot of equipment from the California Academy of Sciences. They are interested in setting up more cold water systems. If anyone is interested in participating in this project, let me know.

Regards,

Roy

Grrr... went to get ribs today, but they were sold out. Got some chicken grilling right now instead.

Also, if anybody can spare a few acro frags for RTC, that would be cool. They are setting up tanks right now and will be doing an SPS system.

I'll bring some tricolor, tenuis, and prostrata. Maybe a monti too.

Sorry I flaked guys, I was driving there right after posting a message and a really headache started to come on, and I didn't have any drugs on me to make it go away, not that it did when I got home it still took an hour nap to make it go away.

No prob, Mike. Hope your head has stopped exploding. We ate your share of the food :D

Nice place over there. Interesting work on coral response to tidepool temperature changes. Got some pics of the Romberg Center to post after I install Gimp on this puter.

Back