Our mission

Romberg Tiburon Center-Tour, Barbecue, & Gear Swap - July 14th - 12:00PM Noon

8eba70cb.jpg

Circle your calendars for Saturday, July 14th. Jonathan (Crabby) and RTC will open their doors for a tour of the facility, barbecue, & gear swap. Bring your appetites and extra gear you have laying around. Please post in this thread if you are interested in coming (RTC can acommodate 40 people max) so we can get a accurate head count. Please post here with what you have to sell or swap.

--Directions & Notes from Jonathan--
FYI for those people bringing their kids:
RTC was not set up as a kid friendly place, though there are kids there and I bring mine to work from time to time. Parents need to be prepared to constantly supervise their kids as there are many potential dangers and many things that they should not play with/around (e.g., roped off areas, exposed seawall, trenches, research equipment, etc...). There is no playground on the site, but there is plenty of space to play.

The RTC gates will open at noon. If you intend to arrive before noon, please let me know.

The street address is 3150 Paradise Drive, Tiburon.

When you drive through the gate go all the way down the hill to the water and turn right all the way to the far end of campus. Park in any space. We'll meet there at a large white building (Building 36).

--End Note--

A BBQ lunch will be provided. The menu:
- Chicken
- Sausages
- Salad
- Chips
- Corn on the cob
- Dessert (pies and/or other baked goods)
- Assorted sodas and water

Here's more info on RTC.

http://rtc.sfsu.edu/

And you do have gear...

This sounds like a fun event.

Is this members only? (or at least members and associated hangers-on) I have a few items that were passed on to me where the person offering it indicated it should remain in the club and/or go to a newbie. I'd like to include those items but also respect the intentions of those who offered the items to me.

bondolo said:
And you do have gear...

This sounds like a fun event.

Is this members only? (or at least members and associated hangers-on) I have a few items that were passed on to me where the person offering it indicated it should remain in the club and/or go to a newbie. I'd like to include those items but also respect the intentions of those who offered the items to me.

.... members and associated hangers-on.

I am looking forward to this - count me in! Thanks Jonathan and Jim!

Please let me know if you are vegetarian/vegan or have any other dietary restrictions. I'll make sure we get to eat too. :)

1. Jim (Gimmito)
2. Jim's +1
3. Jim's +2
4. Jim's +3
5. David (Lattehiatus)
6. Dave (Houser)
7. Mike (Bondolo)
8. Mike's +1
9. Erin (Kensington Reefer)
10. Erin's wife
11. Erin's kid
12. Eillen (Raddogz)
13. John (Aquanut)
14. Bob (Tankguy)
15. Erin (Pixelpixie)
16. Erin's guest
17. Andrew (Bayview)
18. Paris (Bayview's guest)
19. Mike (SFphysics)
20. Bob (coachblaschke)
21. Bob's +1
22. Felicia (FeliciaLynn)
23. Arnold (Apon)
24. ScottMo (Scott)
25. Sonia (ScottMo's guest)
26. Mike (MRay26600)
27. Diane (Mray2660's guest)
28. Steve (Patchin)
29. Teresa (Patchin's guest)
30. Patchin's +2
31. Jess (Treylane)
32. Treylane +1
33. John (JJLink)
34. Patrick (PatrickB)
35. Jon (Jar)
36. Jon's Wife
37. Jon's kid #1
38. Jon's kid #2
39. Boun
40. Boun's kid

*LMK if you are bringing a guest.

I have for trade:

1. snapper pump.
2. actuator w/heavy duty drawer slides (was going to make a light rack that pulled in/out that never happened).

I'm looking forward to showing folks around our research aquarium systems as well as my display reef, and am hoping to find a good home for some of the gear we are not using!

I guess the point of the "gear" is that you can offers of sale before the event and then only bring that stuff, because the Prius can't hold all my crap!

Either way put me down tenatively with a +1, I'm getting my tonsils out at the end of the month and I've heard stories of healing that can go from quick to drawn out.

I'll have to compile a list of cra.. er gear I have for sale :D

Back